Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. During two previous shows, Terry and Aaron have discussed what might be happening to decorators during the pandemic, and how the industry will look when it’s all over. In this Part 3 presentation, the discussion will be on 10 things successful decorators can do today, to prepare for the new normal of life after COVID-19. Listener participation is encouraged for this event!
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- KRISTINE SHREVE CONSULTING OPENS FOR BUSINESS – Kristine Shreve is proud to announce the opening of Kristine Shreve Consulting, a firm offering marketing, writing, social media, editing, and business development services. Kristine Shreve Consulting can be found online at www.kristineshreve.com. Click the “How Can I Help” tab for a list of available services and contact information.
10 Things to Prepare for Normalcy
10 Things to do Now to Prepare for Normalcy Again
- Business Planning – Must have guardrails. Spend time working ON your business.
- Take advantage of discounts manufacturers and suppliers are offering right now if cashflow allows.
- Find some things that will ship easy or even some things you can deliver electronically. (Patches, Masks, Digital Designs, Anything under 1lb)
- Review your product offerings. Any losers to discard and any real winners to promote?
- Focus on the people. The new winners are going to be the ones with strong teams, cultures and the ability to lead with Empathy
- Try something new in your decoration methods!
- Event / Onsite Experiences – How do you pivot these and still create an experience when you can be printing live? Technology? Limited edition shirts that are only available by ordering during your live online event, and watching your shirt printed live. “Here’s an XL for Jim. He’s requested a navy shirt. And there’s your shirt going on the dryer belt and into a mailer bag, Jim!”
- Build/improve your online presence. When this all ends, your customers will have changed.
- Define new customer profiles and niches- What is the customer you want to address like, what are the behaviors, where will they interact with your business? Why do they want decorated apparel and accessories and what will your products do for them? What about this customer is different in ‘the new normal’? What groups, hobbies, companies are here and what problems of theirs can you address?
- Share your story. Whatever stage you are at in the business, whatever you are currently engaged in, we are all looking for a connection to the businesses and people around us; at any stage you have both valuable information that people are looking for and experiences that can entertain, inform, and will humanize you and your business. In this new market-driven by people, empathy, and establishing new modes of connection, sharing matters.
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Next Level Business Training
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
DAX Minnesota – May 22-23, 2020– Canceled NBM Indianapolis – June 11-13, 2020– Canceled
- Impressions Expo Baton Rouge – June 18-20, 2020
- NBM Richmond – July 17-18, 2020
- ASI Chicago – July 21-23, 2020
- DAX Tinley Park (Chicago) – August 7-8, 2020
- NBM Long Beach – August 13-15, 2020
- Impressions Expo Ft. Worth – August 28-30, 2020
- Impressions Expo Orlando – September 10-12, 2020
- Sublimation Summit – September 10-12, 2020
- NBM Cleveland – September 25-26, 2020
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – October 8-10, 2020
- Printing United Atlanta – October 21-23. 2020
- NBM Charlotte – November 5-6, 220
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.