Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Its that time of year. The REGGIEs are upon us and we are excited to open up the nominations. Tune in to hear the categories, be part of the discussion and begin circulating the names that need to be recognized. Even share your thoughts on categories that should be included. Plus get some bonus content where we ask Terry, what is the future of Screen Printing. He is uniquely situated to answer that because he has been a screen printer, instructor and advocate for screen printing and he is also involved with the direct to garment world.
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Anchor Bookkeeping offers the Regulators a 20% discount if they sign up for Anchor Bookkeeping using offer code 2RegGuys20 (www.anchorbookkeeping.com)
Alphabroder said late Thursday (yesterday) that it has completely recovered from the cyberattack it suffered earlier in the week. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, the firm said in an initial statement issued Monday that it was struck by a strand of ransomware. The attack focused on alphabroder’s order processing and shipping platform. After days of disrupted service and collaboration between alphabroder’s in-house cyber team and an expert forensics company, the supplier said that all ordering and shipping methods are up and running at 100% as of Thursday afternoon. “We will have a backlog on FedEx and USPS orders,” alphabroder said in a statement. “We will work through this over the next few days.”
Trotec Laser Acquires Engravers Network – Effective immediately, the acquisition gives the laser manufacturer opportunities to extend its market reach and broaden the services and support for new and existing customers, according to a press release.
REGGIEs and Future of Screen Printing
Discussion about REGGIE’s over the year – Rules, regulations, how nominees are accepted, and how people/companies make sure they win
1) Best New Product
Embrilliance Stitch Artist 3D foam underlay – 48%
2) Best Sales or Customer Service Representative
Lisa Potts – The Rhinestone World – 43
3) The company that Provides the Best Customer Service
Embrilliance – 47% 818 to 807 over Rhinestone World
4) Best Online Educational Content
The Rhinestone World YouTube Channel – 68%
5) Best Industry Educator
Matt Vassallo of The Rhinestone World – 57%
6) Best Industry Trade Show
DAX Chicago – 45%
7) Most Influential Young Star
Lisa Potts – The Rhinestone World – 55%
8) Best Guest on the 2 Regular Guys Podcast
Matt Vassallo The Rhinestone World – 72%
9) Best Ambassador for the Industry
Joe Piazza with Siser – 45%
Conversation on the future of screen printing
Give us your quick overview of the current relationship between screen printing and digital
- Scott Fresener’s early prediction 15 years ago.
- Two manufacturers asked me the future question recently, assuming because I have experience with both.
What separates digital from screen printing?
- Of course production speed for longer orders goes to screen printing.
- While full color prints are easier on DTG, the bread and butter still today for screen printing is one, two and three color work.
- DTG printers are never going to print puffs, suedes, gels, metallics and more.
- While DTG gives you 50+ washings, plastisol inks in screen printing will last forever.
- There’s setup/teardown expense in screen printing, ink costs are substantially lower with screen printing compared to DTG.
What do you expect to see in the future for this relationship?
- Current combo units are more prototype than functional.
- Faster DTG printing will take some of the long run business away. But ink costs will have to come down to compete fully.
- New decorators will likely use DTG for full color images, so the pool of “master printers” will likely thin. (Lazy approach) That means more business for the decorators who choose to be experts.
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course Nashville with Atlas Screen Supply will be October 26-27
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course Phoenix with WorkHorse Products will be November 2-3
- Aaron’s “Becoming a Digital Marketing Super Hero” Webinar, November 11, 2019
- Erich’s latest article on Digitizing Pixel Embroidery
- Marshall Atkinson – 6 Steps to Kill Your Production Downtime – Introductory Price $497.50
- Art & Separations for Screen Printed Apparel – Dane Clement of Great Dane Graphics, SGIA – December 2 – 3
- PrintingUnited powered by SGIA – October 23-25, 2019
- NBM Charlotte – November 8-9, 2019
- ASI Orlando – January 5-6, 2020
- PPAI Expo – January 14-16, 2020
- Impressions Expo Long Beach – January 17-19, 2020
- NBM Santa Clara – February 7-8, 2020
- International Awards & Personalization Expo – February 18-21, 2020
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2020
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 23–25, 2020
- NBM Irving TX – March 12-14, 2020
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – March 19-21, 2020
- DAX Minnesota – April 2-4, 2020
Please support our sponsors! Award-Winning Custom Transfers For the Garment Industry – AceTransCo.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.