It’s that time of year. The REGGIE Awards are BACK and better than ever. This year, Erich will be sitting in for Terry and he and Aaron will open up the nominations by walking the listeners through the categories, discussing them, and sharing some memories from REGGIE winners past. Tune in to hear the categories, be part of the discussion, and begin circulating the names that need to be recognized. In our 9th year of the awards, we continue to listen to #regulators feedback and make minor adjustments to continue to be the best awards show in the industry. Let’s kick off the season with the REGGIE awards as a celebration of the decorator’s community and all the loyal #Regulators.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Lyndsie Salcido, founder of Applique Getaway, has announced the virtual Applique Getaway will be November 12–14. The classes and vendor information will be available online starting November 12 and will continue to be available through January 21, 2022. Virtual Applique Getaway offers a slate of classes on different topics from some of the top instructors in the industry. Instructors at Virtual Applique Getaway this year will include Alexis Galloway of Sew Sweet Monogramming, Jeff Fuller of Fuller Embroidery Works and the Embroidery Nerd Group, Lisa Shaw of Sew Bubbles and Embrilliance and Sheila Ryan of Designs by Babymoon and once more our own Aaron Montgomery. To register to attend visit http://www.appliquegetaway.com/.
Nominations are open for the fourth annual Screen Printing Rising Stars Awards! Designed to recognize the emerging next generation of industry leaders, Screen Printing’s Rising Stars Awards will honor six young people whose accomplishments in specialty printing have made an indelible impression. The award is open to individuals aged 35 or younger who are employed in specialty printing businesses. The deadline to submit a nominee is November 10, 2021. https://form.jotform.com/82312991874970
Dad Joke: What do you call some who doesn’t believe in chickens?
2021 REGGIE Categories
Aaron: New for 2021 – The awards are being sponsored this year by Our Success Group. So on top of the mugs and plaques each winner gets, they will also get a free copy of the 5 Keys of Growing and Launching Online Training program that they can use themselves or gift it to a customer or community member. Those online training programs have a $497 value.
Here are some ground rules for nominating:
- You must nominate a company or individual in at least seven of the 10 categories. Nomination forms that have less than 7 categories filled in will be tossed out and not counted.
- To encourage a wider range of participation from around the industry, we are limiting nominations to a maximum of two categories per company or individual. In the case a company or individual receives nominations in more than two categories, the top two vote counts per category will be used.
- Nominations close on November 11th at 5 PM Central Time. This is a hard date, so no emails afterward asking us to make an exception.
- Nominee announcements will be on November 12th.
- Voting will take place beginning November 12th and ending on December 9th, at 5 PM Central Time
- Winners will be announced on our show on December 10th.
Aaron: Before we make the official announcement of the categories, really quick I want to discuss the spirit of these awards. Yes, they are a competition, but regardless of the prizes the real spirit and reason we do these annually are for the opportunity to recognize EVERYONE who has made an impact on someone else in our industry in a positive way. The most important show we do every year is when we read off all of the nominees and we will be doing that again on the 12th of November.
Here are the 2021 Categories:
- Best New Product – This category is for products that have made an impact on our industry in 2021. These products must have been released in the last 3 years and have not made the voting before. (We will do our best to police, but can’t verify every product was released in the last 3 years. We will verify that it has not made the voting by reviewing https://www.2regularguys.com/garment-decorating-industry-awards/)
- Best Customer Service (List the Company and Person) – Share a specific company and if there is a person who stands out there, share them too. This company and team member(s) are customer service-oriented. These companies have specific policies in place that are customer service-oriented and put their customers first in our industry.
- Best Industry Educator – This category is to recognize the best educator in our industry during 2021. This is someone who writes for the industry magazines, presents seminars or webinars, or otherwise educates people to improve our industry. This person should be focused on education rather than offering infomercial type content.
- Best Podcast or Online Education – This category is to recognize a podcast, online blog, video platform, virtual event, training sessions, or other online platforms that provide the best educational content in our industry. If it is education on the internet it fits in this category!
- Best Industry Trade Show – This category has reentered the REGGIE Awards this year since many in-person events have taken place in 2021. We want to recognize the in-person event that best supported, educated, and provided networking for the decorator’s community in 2021.
- Most Influential Up and Comer in the Industry – This category is to recognize the under 40 crowd in our industry. This nominee should exemplify all the positive aspects of garment and product decoration. Before nominating, please be sure the person is in fact under 40.
- Women in Garment Decorating Award – Based on our quarterly show of the same name, this category is meant to recognize the person who is doing the most to raise the profile of women in the industry.
- Most Inspirational Decorators Community Member – This is for anyone in the industry who has shown their ability to step above the fighting, debating, and commiserating (blaming, complaining, & excuse-making) and lead with encouragement, motivation, and inspiration. Group leaders or moderators or just those that are always uplifting.
- Best Guest on 2 Regular Guys Podcast – This category is to recognize the guest on the 2 Regular Guys Podcast that provided the most information that helped your business and was entertaining.
- Best Ambassador for the Industry – This category is to recognize someone who represents our industry, within and without, and exemplifies all the positive aspects of garment and product decoration.
The nomination form is open and you can go start nominating now at https://www.2regularguys.com/reggies
Facebook Live Video
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix on October 23-24.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – October 29-30, 2021
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 21-23, 2022
- DAX Kansas City Kansas City, MO – February 25-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- DAX Chicagoland Tinley Park, IL – April 22-23, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.