5 Things – that you should do as a small shop that wants to grow.
Thanks to Joe Ortinau for giving us 5 Things that you should do as a small shop that wants to grow. A reminder that like Joe we want you to participate in 5 Things. We have an easy form on our site at 2regularguys.com/5things/
- Design and Style Guide – Knowing why you do what you do is extremely important but also making sure that your message is being explained accurately throughout your marketing needs to be a priority. Customers relate well to people that are passionate about what they do.
- Standard Operating Procedures – Write them down or record them with video so that when you add employees, they can be trained quickly and know how every task should be done. Offer the opportunity to improve processes as well!
- Automation – Get as many of your processes with mundane tasks to be as simple and easy for you to do as possible. Utilize technology that can automate these tasks so that they don’t have to be done by hand every single time.
- Outsource – If an order comes in the door that is outside of your capabilities or comfort zone, find a vendor that specializes in these types of items. Try to develop a relationship with this vendor that works both ways. You never know when they may need help with a customer request that is in your wheelhouse. This also applies to projects for your shop. Hire an expert to take care of things that you don’t know how to do. It will ensure that the task is done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Education – You don’t know what you don’t know. Make it a point to learn more about the decorated apparel industry. Education can lead to the discovery of new processes, technologies,
andplans of action for your shop. Education is honestly the most important item on this list. I can personally attest to the fact that educating yourself in our industry can help you make huge strides with your shop.
Joe Ortinau Owner Ortinau Art, LLC
a:219 East Front Street, Pemberville, OH 43450
w:ortinauart.com e: email@example.com