We are excited to bring to you the complete nominations for the 2021 REGGIE Awards. This is our 9th annual “peoples choice” style industry awards, and we will be announcing all of the nominees as well as the 5 people that you will be voting for during the month of November. Then we will crown the 2021 REGGIE Winners on December 10th. This is one of the most important shows we do each year because this is where we get to recognize all of the people who have made a difference in our industry.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Veteran’s Day was yesterday. Thanks, to all those who have served and sacrificed.
Dad Joke: Did you know I have a fear of speed bumps?
Yes, but I’m slowly getting over it.
2021 REGGIE Nominees
Voting ends 12/9 at 5PM Central
90 Nominations – Numbers were down, but we made them actually do the work this year and that is what this is all about. Being a positive part of this industry and recognizing people for their service to the industry. Not just copying and pasting someone into every category or voting for one person.
Rule ”You must nominate a company or individual in at least seven of the 10 categories. Nomination forms that have less than 7 categories filled in will be tossed out and not counted.” That equated to 30 out of the 90 being tossed out.
Rule – For products, must be out in the last 3 years and not made the voting before. So while we didn’t throw out those nominations, there were many nominations for people who clearly are older than 3 years old. I think these new rules have improved the spirit of the awards.
Best New Product – This category is for products that have made an impact on our industry in 2021. These products must have been released in the last 3 years and have not made the voting before. (We will do our best to police, but can’t verify every product was released in the last 3 years. We will verify that it has not made the voting by reviewing https://www.2regularguys.com/garment-decorating-industry-awards/)
DTF Transfers from Fat Dad Wholesale
Merrowly by Embrilliance
Needle Ease by Jerilee Medearis
Sawgrass SG 1000
3D PUffPro Tool developed by Justin Armenta
Brother Scan n Cut
Corel trainer plug-in software
Custom cuts using unisub mdf
Direct to Film (Digital Wonderprints) Becky Kotzer from BK Custom Designs.
Flocks by The Rhinestone World
Fuller Border by Jeff Fuller
Hogg Sublimation 18 ounce Hydrobottle
HSINK and Paper
Sublimatable burlap gifts from JDS
Best Customer Service (List the Company and Person) – Share a specific company and if there is a person who stands out there, share them too. This company and team member are customer service oriented. These companies have specific policies in place that are customer service-oriented and put their customers first in our industry.
Sunfacer MFG – Jerilee Medearis
Texmac, Rene Rosales
Sublimation 101 – Michael Kaminsky
*Due to 2 categories per Company Rule, had to remove two name and everyone else had a single nomination.
Amanda with True Digital Artistry
CCI- Tim Fisher
Claudia Orso at Conde
CONDE – David Gross
Corel trainer, Clay Barbera
Epilog, their entire sales staff
IT Supplies – Katie Koch
Jim Kassing, Embrilliance
Madeira USA – Nancy Mini
Mavin Peradon – Driven by Graphics
Synergy 17 – Joseph Tovar
Wilcom America- James Timmons
Wingler & Company
The Sassy Subber – Nicky Adamkiewicz
The Rhinestone World – Pilar Harrison
Best Industry Educator – This category is to recognize the best educator in our industry during 2021. This is someone who writes for the industry magazines, presents seminars or webinars, or otherwise educates people to improve our industry. This person should be focused on education rather than offering infomercial type content.
Laurie Donovan -Sawgrass Product Ambassador
Jeff Fuller with The Embroidery Nerd and Fuller Embroidery Works
Matt Vassallo – The Rhinestone World
Sprite – Conde
Nicky Adamkiewicz, The Sassy Subber
Best Podcast or Online Education – This category is to recognize a podcast, online blog, video platform, virtual event, training sessions or other online platforms that provide the best educational content in our industry. If it is education on the internet it fits in this category!
Meghan Rodenhouse -Ink Differently
Embroidery Nerd 911
2 Regular Guys
The Take-up by Erich Campbell
The Embroidery Nerd’s – The Needle Bar Weekly Live
Asante Banquet – A Bowlers Life
Kristine Shreve: Women + Business
Our Success Group
silaholics anonymous/Honestly Spinkling
The Rhinestone World YouTube Channel
The Sass with Nicky Martone Adamkiewicz
Best Industry Trade Show – This category has reentered the REGGIE Awards this year since many in-person events have taken place in 2021. We want to recognize the in-person event that best supported, educated and provided networking for the decorators community in 2021.
Impressions Expo Fort Worth
General Show companies listed but no specific show listed…
Most Influential Up and Comer in the Industry – This category is to recognize the under 40 crowd in our industry. This nominee should exemplify all the positive aspects of garment and product decoration. Before nominating, please be sure the person is in fact under 40.
Adam Fuller of BJJhats.com
Sprite Wood – Condé
Meghan Rodenhouse Sawgrass Technologies
Crystal Baugh – The Rhinestone World
JEFF FULLER of Fuller Embroidery Works
Amanda with True Digital Artistry age 36
Ashley Dodd – Aparicium Designs
David Hanes with Corel trainer
Eric Sutton – Cricut Designer
Mr Crafty Pants (Michael David)
Nathan Leber – Stock Sheet idea and always sharing!
Tyler Dowdy – Leber Design & Print
Vitor Luiz Mendez Vitordigitizing
Women in Garment Decorating Award – Based on our quarterly show of the same name, this category is meant to recognize the person who is doing the most to raise the profile of women in the industry.
Kylene Montgomery – Thankful Thursdays
Jerilee Medearis – SunFacer Mfg & Supplies
Kristine Shreve of the Women in Business Podcast
Nicky Adamkiewicz – The Sassy Subber
Pilar Harrison – The Rhinestone World
Allison Kennedy – Homage/Eretailing
Scrappy Dappy Doo – Lisa Lemonick
Most Inspirational Decorators Community Member – This is for anyone in the industry who has shown their ability to step above the fighting, debating and commiserating (blaming, complaining, & excuse-making) and lead with encouragement, motivation and inspiration. Group leaders or moderators or just those that are always uplifting.
Frank Dunn of Sandpiper Embroidery
Jennifer Maker Marx
Kellie DeFries – The Crystal Ninja
Ryan Moore with Ryonet
Laurie Donovan sawgrass product ambassador
Best Guest on 2 Regular Guys Podcast – This category is to recognize the guest on the 2 Regular Guys Podcast that provided the most information that helped your business and was entertaining.
The Embroidery Nerds
The Taco Guys Jay Buselle and Jeff Solomon
Best Ambassador for the Industry – This category is to recognize someone who represents our industry, within and without and exemplifies all the positive aspects of garment and product decoration.
Jennifer Maker Marx
John Kupka – Saati
Patrick Ali – Siser
Pilar Harrison, The Rhinestone World
RJ Silva EyeKandy Designs
Extra notes from the nominations – OTHER Category:
- David Hanes and Corel trainer are awesome!
- Don’t Limit this to Crafting. Expand your horizons to Wood Working etc…
- Everybody within the community. All the educators & hosts for providing us all with loads of information regularly. All the regulators, reciprocators, etc that keep you all doing what you’re doing. Such a wonderful community of decorators!
- I love TRW. They are AWESOME and their customer service is AMAZING!!!!!!!!
- Laurie for a 2guys podcast 2022
- Matt from TRW is one of the generous people in the industry. He is generous & one of the most caring of other people’s companies. You don’t find that too often. He honestly wants other businesses and people to succeed.
- Nicky Adamkiewicz of The Sassy Subber has done a superb job in the sublimation world. She is a truly caring, loving, and giving individual that gives not only of her talents but also her time.
- Thanks for doing so much to recognize people in the industry. You Rock!
- Why hasn’t Laurie Donovan been on your podcast? Search FB for Sawgrass product ambassador Laurie! You will find her! She is everywhere and VERY knowledgeable. she was recently on the INK Differently podcast with Meghan! Listen to it.
- You all need to have Laurie Donovan on your podcast.
Facebook Live Video
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 5-6, 2022.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 21-23, 2022
- DAX Kansas City Kansas City, MO – February 25-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- DAX Chicagoland Tinley Park, IL – April 22-23, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.