Allen Gaddis will be joining the 2 Regular Guys this Friday. Allen started screen printing at 16 and opened his own business at 18. Next May, he will be celebrating 40 years in business. We’ll be talking about contract printing, services to schools, labor and supply issues, and much more. Join us with your questions for a veteran screen printer this week.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. We are not doing this for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
STAHLS’ Launches PVC Patches for Apparel & Hard Goods – STAHLS’ recently released PVC Patches, another custom transfer option in the Emblems & Patches product line. PVC Patches are high-end, dimensional patches that appeal to a wide range of markets. Featuring a rubber-like look and bright, on-trend color options, these custom patches are available as heat applied or pressure sensitive transfers.
What do you call a hippie’s wife?
A Lifetime in Screen Printing
Aaron: Good morning, Allen, and welcome to the show. Tell us a little about you and your business.
Terry: What drew you to garment decorating? And what has kept you here? (why stay in it for 40 years?)
Aaron: You have a background in contract printing. What would you say is the secret of success as a contract decorator?
Terry: School sales can be tricky, from getting paid to working with non-professional buyers. Share some tips with our listeners who might want to venture into the school marketplace.
Aaron: Speaking of tricky, we all know getting blank inventory to decorate has been pretty tricky for a while. What have been your challenges in this area and how have you tackled them?
Terry: Also tricky in today’s day and age is the labor force. What do you think has changed over the past 40 years and how do you manage your own labor force?
Terry: I ran across a post on Facebook from 2019 congratulating you on your Bachelor of Advertising Specialty Information certification. How do promotion products fit in for you and what advice would you give other decorators about incorporating promo products?
Terry: So you had a devastating fire in 2020. Tell us about that experience and how you came back.
Aaron: Where can our listeners reach out to you?
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject, whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ starting July 30-31, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting September 17-18, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
- Print Hustlers Conference Fort Worth, TX – November 6, 2022
- PPAI Expo Las Vegas, NV – January 10-12, 2023
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 20-22, 2023
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 7-10, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Kansas City, MO – February 24-25, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 9-10, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 23-25, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Minneapolis (Welch), MN – March 31-April 1, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Chicago (Tinley Park), IL – April 14-15, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
All dates and events subject to change