Gloria Lafont will be joining the 2 Regular Guys this week. She runs Action Marketing Company, an SEO and marketing agency founded in 2007. Her company focuses on helping promo distributors build a premium positioning for their brand to generate awareness, drive website traffic, and generate leads and sales. Gloria loves education and cultural arts, volunteering her time, and donating marketing support to help various organizations grow in membership and revenue.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Screen-Printing Consultant Charlie Taublieb Helps Shop Create Scented T-Shirts Enid, Oklahoma-based Downtown Threads recently welcomed screen-printing consultant Charlie Taublieb of Taublieb Consulting into its space for some learning and improvement. To illustrate the unique capabilities in screen printing, Taublieb printed scented shirts. Before he visited Downtown Threads, he saw a Facebook post from Schieber about barbecue shirts, so he wanted to help take that print to the next level. “I called up a company I work with and asked them to send me some barbecue scent,” he tells the news outlet. “I dug through my artwork, pulled out a pig, added ‘Enid, OK BBQ’ to it, and we added the scent into the ink.” The scent infuses with the ink and sticks around for about 15 washes. Taublieb and Scheieber opted to add studs and foils atop the print, creating the ultimate BBQ T-shirt.
Equipment Zone announces a new, in-person training event called the “DTG & DTF Summer Camp,” held on July 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. According to the company, the new event is designed to be both a classroom and hands-on learning experience for new business owners. The camp will be hosted by industry experts Terry Combs, Amy Krulewitz, and Jay Busselle. The camp is $149 for the first attendee and $99 for each additional attendee (from the same company). The event is limited to 18 students.
The Decorated Apparel Expo (DAX) is gearing up for the 2023 show season with their full pre-Covid slate of locations.
Kansas City February 24-25, 2023
Minnesota March 31 – April 1, 2023
Chicagoland April 14-15, 2023
Dad Joke: (From Gösta) You can’t blame anyone else if you fall in your driveway…
That’s your own asphalt.
Aaron: Gloria Lafont is a mother, grandmother, and business owner. She has started, bought, and sold a dozen businesses throughout her business career. She currently runs Action Marketing Co. an SEO and marketing agency founded in 2007. Her company focuses on helping promo distributors build a premium positioning for their brand to generate awareness, drive website traffic, and generate leads and sales.
Gloria is a big fan and supporter of education and cultural arts, volunteering her time and donating marketing support, over the years, to help various organizations grow in membership and revenue. She enjoys the South Florida mix of beaches and art lifestyle, coaching business owners, and speaking engagements on topics of marketing and branding, as well as women’s empowerment.
Terry: Gloria, you’ve worn many hats professionally. Tell us a little about your background and what led you to where you are today.
Aaron: We’ve had some guests talk about branding and its meaning. Talk to us about your views on branding.
Terry: Driving traffic to our internet locations, whether it be a website, FaceBook page, or another site, is the goal of most businesses. What are people doing wrong and doing right?
Aaron: We’ve worked with enough salespeople over the years to know what they’re going to say, ” We need more leads regularly!” Let’s talk about lead generation.
Terry: People talk about SEO like it’s some magic; can you give us a simple run-down of what it entails and a little about what makes sites “search friendly”?
Aaron: We all know that marketing can come in many forms; can you explain a little about the difference between the kinds of marketing you can use to drive traffic- maybe help us understand inbound vs. outbound marketing?
Terry: If you only had a few minutes to tell someone what you and your business does, what would you tell them? What’s the first thing they should know about how they drive traffic?
Aaron: Gloria, how can our listeners find you?
Facebook Live Video
5 Marketing Point I just got from Gloria
From Aaron Montgomery
- Branding is about clarifying what makes you different
- Marketing is Content PERIOD
- Clarifying your ideal client is the #1 thing
- Create content that speaks to your ideal client
- Your website is the equivalent of your showroom – Be proud of it!
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest. https://www.2regularguys.com/5things/
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ starting July 30-31, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting September 17-18, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Applique Getaway Dallas, TX – July 15-17, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.