Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Aaron and Terry will be talking management styles, and some of the mistakes owners and managers make leading their teams. Both Aaron and Terry very much dislike the micromanagement style, so to best help avoid that, they explore some questions you should be asking yourself to make sure you are not a micromanager. They discuss ways to encourage more employee engagement and better loyalty and effort being put in by your employees. Then as to be expected from the 2 Regular Guys, education takes center stage. It’s a great conversation, join the community!
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Screen Printing’s Rising Stars Awards will honor six young people whose accomplishments in specialty printing have made an indelible impression. The award is open to individuals 35 years old and younger who are employed in specialty printing businesses. Third-party nominations will be accepted through October 31
Are Your Management Skills Up to Par?
Aaron: Rather than point out what’s wrong with this management style or that, let’s talk about how a good manager operates. In fact, let’s come up with a list of 10 questions to ask yourself to determine if you are a good manager. Terry, based on your experience as a manager, an employee, and as a consultant, what’s your first question for a manager to ask themselves?
- Could you announce today that you need to take an unscheduled trip for two weeks and you won’t be available by phone, email, Skype or social media… and be confident the wheels won’t fall off the wagon?
- What was the last employee suggestion that you implemented in your business? In case that was a fluke, what was the one before that?
- Have you ever said at work, “That was my mistake? This is totally on me.”
- When you fired an employee, was it a surprise to them?
- When was the last time you thanked an employee for their effort, their idea, their hard work, saving the company money, etc.? Be honest here.
- Does every compliment you give include the word “but” in the middle?
- Do you have a comprehensive training program and plan?
- Can you operate at 100% efficiency when anyone employee leaves for any reason?
- Is there one employee on your staff who should likely be invited to leave?
- What is your reaction when an employee made a decision that didn’t end well?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course Nashville with Atlas Screen Supply will be October 26-27
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course Phoenix with WorkHorse Products will be November 2-3
- The Sublimation Summit, Peachtree City, GA, September 27-28
- Decorators Community Invades ISS Ft. Worth – October 3-5, 2019
- Aaron’s “Becoming a Digital Marketing Super Hero” Webinar, November 11, 2019
- ISS Orlando – September 5-7, 2019
- NBM Columbus – September 12-14, 2019
- ISS Ft Worth – October 3-5, 2019
- NBM Denver – October 11-12, 2019
- PrintingUnited powered by SGIA – October 23-25, 2019
- NBM Charlotte – November 8-9, 2019
- ASI Orlando – January 5-6, 2020
- PPAI Expo – January 14-16, 2020
- ISS Long Beach – January 17-19, 2020
- NBM Santa Clara – February 7-8, 2020
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2020
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.