Kristine Shreve & Lyndsie Salcido will be joining us to discuss the concept that there’s space and a place for everyone in the industry and that no option is more valuable than another. With the Applique Getaway coming up in Dallas on July 23 – 25, now is a perfect time to discuss what the craft industry is all about. The potential for partnership and mentorship plus how everyone can coexist with an abundance mentality. Don’t miss these two rockstar women of the industry!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Aaron: Beginning of the End of the Pandemic Cocktail Party July 2. Start off your July 4th weekend with your industry friends!! Head to www.2regularguys.com/party for details and to sign-up.
Terry: Impressions Expo is still looking for a couple of speakers for 2022. The deadline has been extended to June 14th. Send your seminar ideas here: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/5712944/Impressions-Expo-2022-Call-for-Presentations
Aaron: Applique Getaway is pleased to announce show dates for 2021. The show will be held July 23 – 25 in Irving (Dallas) Texas. Unlike last year’s show which, due to the pandemic, was all virtual, the 2021 show will be on-site at the Sheraton DFW with a full slate of vendors and classes. Information about the show is available at http://www.appliquegetaway.com/.
The 2021 Applique Getaway is a weekend of classes, product demonstrations, prizes, friendship and fun. A carefully curated vendor mall offers attendees the ability to stock up on supplies and learn about new suppliers and products. Decorators who work with embroidery, rhinestones, vinyl, sublimation or applique at any skill level will find the show of interest. New in 2021, the show will also offer virtual education options for those people who cannot attend the onsite event.
Applique Getaway is the premier trade show in the home decoration and crafting space. Since 2011, makers of all skill levels have shopped, learned and created connections in an atmosphere of fun and friendship.
Dad Joke: How can you tell which farmer is best?
He’s outstanding in his field.
The Commercial and Home Industries
Kristine Shreve is the founder and CEO of Kristine Shreve Consulting which offers writing, marketing and business development services. The company can be found at www.kristineshreve.com. Kristine is also the creator and host of the Business + Women podcast, where the discussion centers around being a business owner and being a woman and how those two states of intersecting. Currently, Kristine is also the Director of Marketing and Outreach for Applique Getaway. On Facebook, Kristine is the founder of the Women in Garment Decoration Facebook group. Kristine was the Director of Marketing for Ensign Emblem and EnMart from 2006 to April 2020.
Lyndsie Salcido entered the embroidery industry as a digitizer in 2007 and helped fuel the surge in the cottage and children’s market. In 2011, she founded the Applique Getaway, an event aimed at hobby embroiderers and small businesses. The event has grown alongside the target audience, adding vendors and classes featuring software, vinyl and digital cutting, sublimation, commercial embroidery and more, all while maintaining the event’s fun and friendly atmosphere.
Since we’re having a show about banishing the divide, let’s talk about what that divide is, or has been in the past. (This applies to almost all areas of garment decorating.)
Are we getting to a point where these businesses are becoming more similar than different?
As more crossover between commercial and cottage industry happens, what do suppliers and marketers need to know?
Some of the issues that exist between cottage and commercial producers exist because of a perception that smaller producers drive prices lower. Is this an accurate perception?
We all know that every business has to start somewhere. Why is it difficult for some suppliers to see that working with smaller businesses can lead to working with a growing business?
How is Applique Getaway different from other trade shows and how is it the same?
How can trade shows, like Applique Getaway, contribute to the growth of businesses and the industry as a whole?
Facebook Live Video
5 Reasons to Laugh Each Day
- Makes you happier. Laughter can help lessen depression and anxiety. It can also help with creativity and alertness.
- Relaxes you – not just mentally, but physically too. A strong hearty laugh relieves stress and physical tension. Laughing can actually leave your muscles more relaxed for up to 45 minutes.
- Is good for your heart. It increases blood flow and oxygenation of the blood.
- Has been linked to increased test scores. Your memory and ability to learn may benefit from a good laugh.
- Helps keep things in perspective. Finding a way to laugh can increase hopefulness and decrease negativity. Laughing helps us let go of the small stuff that might otherwise nag at us. As an added bonus, sharing a good laugh connects us to others and this creates other positive benefits. Besides, you have actually seen yourself naked.
Courtesy of Dale Imbleau with Blackbird Studio Design
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com . See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.