Building Relationships with Customers in a Long Distance World
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:39 — 61.0MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:39 — 61.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
(Sponsored by GRAPHICS PRO EXPO) This Friday, Aaron and Terry will discuss building and maintaining relationships when you might never meet your customer face-to-face. In this new world of limited travel and ever-changing rules of engagement, we still need to build that personal relationship with our customers. Whether single shirt consumers or quantity buyers, we still need to reach out with a virtual touch. The 2 Regular Guys will explore options for you to find and keep those customers.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Next Level Founder Joe Simsoly to Retire; Randy Hales Appointed as Successor – Blank apparel manufacturer Next Level Apparel announces that Joe Simsoly, founder and chief executive officer, will retire as CEO, effective Aug. 8. Simsoly continues to serve on Next Level’s board of managers and will remain a significant shareholder in the business. In November 2020, the board appointed Randy Hales as Next Level’s co-CEO as part of a 2018 succession plan. – https://bit.ly/3isehVF
Dad Joke – What do you get when you cross the Atlantic Ocean with the Titanic?
Building Relationships with Customers in a Long Distance World
Aaron: Let’s face it, in a world not so far away we would talk to a customer at the counter in our shop, or build a relationship over customer visits, lunch, drinks. But today, and for the foreseeable future we might not have those face-to-face encounters
Terry: For some businesses, this is nothing new. If a customer doesn’t travel to tradeshows or other events, we might never meet them face-to-face either. Maybe we can somewhat take our lead from them.
Building relationships with those customers who buy one shirt today and maybe another shirt two months from now.
- How to keep them coming back for more
- Showing them fresh ideas – keeping in front of the customer
- Social media with new graphics and styles
- How to keep you as the go-to source for custom apparel/products
- Reminders such as holiday shirts or whatever niche you service
- Again, social media just being “seen” as a source of creativity
- Building a brand – Johnny Cupcakes
- Do good work, deliver on time
Facebook Live Video
5 things we do after returning from a trade show
- Laundry – I swear it multiplies in my suitcase!
- Reach out to everyone you said that you would contact with information about your product/area of expertise/resources
- Research things that triggered ideas – this is where Terry came in because I was intrigued by the Coastal white toner printer and the whole sublimation thing and its process on FABRIC which made me think of DTG and screen printing. I think I know someone who can shed some light on this 🙂
- Head to social media and connect and follow with those that you met.
- Make notes on the event to share with the show promoter – from “hiccups” to WINS to ideas for future events. Shows can only get better with constructive communication 🙂
- Did I mention laundry????
With a Bonus from Lisa Shaw of Sew Bubbles
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Us or at our Facebook Page.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe. All this with email support with less than 24 hour response times from a certified Success Principles Coaching team.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.