For the first Women in Garment Decorating quarterly podcast, the 2 Regular Guys have a new twist for 2021. Rather than turning over the mics as they’ve done in the past, Terry and Aaron will be full participants interviewing women from the industry. Kristine Shreve was an incredible host, and you can find more fantastic interviews from her on her Women + Business podcast.
Friday’s guests will be Mel Lay from AllMade Apparel and Kelly Walters with Stahls. Tune in for a discussion on the past COVID year and what to expect in the near future for garment/product decorators.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Stahl’s Transfer Express will be presenting the Virtual Training Event: Unleash the Color of Transfers… How to Print Any Fabric with Full-Color Transfers. This free event will be April 7th, 2021 | 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. EDT. Take a peek into the very profitable world of printing full-color logos on shirts, polos, workwear, school and spirit wear, and more. This event will change the way you do business. We will show you everything you need to know, from logo creation to choosing the right transfers for any job. Don’t miss out on your chance to connect with decorators and presenters from around the world. To register, call 800-622-2280 or visit http://bit.ly/3rkDQKc
- Join the Screen Printing mentorship program. From Screen Printing magazine: To help you advance your careers, grow your businesses, and develop personally and professionally, Screen Printing magazine has created The Mentorship Project, exclusively sponsored by ROQ.US. The six-month match program will connect two screen printers based on their goals, market, and region. Screen Printing will facilitate the first meeting with suggested check-in dates and meeting topics for the mentor/mentee. Project members will receive a certificate of participation after the mentorship program is completed. The registration form must be complete by March 29. Apply here: http://bit.ly/3bCWqYQ
Dad Joke: Do you know what the difference is between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?
People in Dubai don’t like The Flintstones, but people in Abu Dhabi dooo!
Business in a COVID/Post COVID World
Aaron: Tell us about your backgrounds. Let’s start with…
Terry: How has Covid changed your business starting back a year ago?
Aaron: What are some adjustments your company made?
Terry: What are the likely permanent changes you’ve had to make?
Aaron: Work from home and schools being closed has impacted many of us. Has this impacted you or others in your businesses?
Terry: What have been the biggest positives to come out of the “New Normal”?
Aaron: What can’t you wait to go back to doing that we have not been able to do since March of 2020?
Terry: How can our listeners find each of you?
Facebook Live Video
5 Ways Facebook Groups Can Be Useful
- Organic Ranking – Pages, which is what many businesses use, and ranked using an algorithm. Groups rank posts based on what has the latest comment or like. This allows the owner of the group to see what topics are getting the most engagement and generating the most enthusiasm.
- Targeted Audiences – Facebook groups are usually built around a specific interest, task or company. That means that the audience who joins generally will have an attraction to the topic of the group. They’ll be more willing to have discussions and learn about the subject.
- Education – There are many groups out there designed for specific garment decoration techniques. These groups do take some vetting to make sure information is accurate and useful, but they can be great places to learn something new or brush up on current techniques.
- Feedback – Groups can be a great place to ask questions or an audience that has an interest in your subject. If you want to test a new idea or float questions about a possible new product, a group is an ideal place to do that.
- Building community – Having a strong community on Facebook is one way that a business can build effective engagement. Creating a group centered on your business can be a way to get people to engage with your business. It also can help build trust.
Brought to you by Kristine Shreve
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting April 17-18
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Half with Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery – 30 Minute Q&A – Friday’s At 11:30 AM Central
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021– Cancelled
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.