Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. With the Holidays around the corner, the 2 Regular Guys wanted to get you details about how you can maximize your earning during the 4th quarter of 2018 if you are a sublimator. We reached out to one of the experts in the sublimation world, Jimmy Lamb of Sawgrass Ink. Jimmy joined Aaron to discuss what you should be focusing on making, how to market those products and what pitfalls and issues to be prepared for when it comes to Holiday selling. Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your business.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Investigation Whether the Sale of CafePress to Snapfish, LLC is Fair – The notice, posted to Globe Newswire on Oct. 17, states that the investigation addresses whether the board at CafePress “breached their fiduciary duties to stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before agreeing to enter into this transaction and whether Snapfish, LLC is underpaying for CafePress shares.” The original sale was reported at more than $25 million at $1.48 per share.
- AI quality control continues textile’s history of automation – The textile industry was at the heart of the Industrial Revolution, and with the introduction of the programmable Jacquard loom, was arguably the first industry to be automated (the loom was the distant ancestor of modern computers). Researchers at Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) have now applied artificial intelligence to textile manufacture, installing machine vision into looms as an intelligent fabric defect detection system.
How to Cash in on the Holidays with Sublimation
Aaron: So are we too late to cash in on the Holidays?
Aaron: So what blanks do I need to be stocking up on and what do I need to promote those?
Aaron: How about some unique gift ideas you have seen sublimated for the holidays?
Aaron: How about the marketing side of this? How should people be promoting these Holiday items?
Aaron: What about pricing my items? Let’s say I want to take advantage of the Black Friday mania. Any tips?
Aaron: What about pitfalls and gotchas? Any suggestions for things to look out for and ways to keep ourselves out of trouble when it comes to selling Holiday Gifts?
Aaron: What other words of wisdom do you have to share with our listeners on sublimation, holidays or otherwise?
Aaron: So what is new for you, what should people be looking out for in your world?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning at 11:30 AM EST | 8:30 AM PST
- November 10-11 Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago
- January 18, 2019 – Learning to Digitize: The 2 Kinds of Embroidery Knowledge (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- January 19, 2019 – The Scientific Stitcher – Measurement and Testing (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- January 20, 2019 – Embroidery Pricing Models Explained (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
- ASI Orlando – January 3-5, 2019
- PPAI Expo – January 13-17, 2019
- ISS Long Beach – January 18-20, 2019
- Creativation – January 19-21, 2019
- NBM Phoenix – February 1-2, 2019
- ASI Ft Worth – February 5-6, 2019
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 17-19, 2019
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2019
- ISS Atlantic City – March 21-23, 2019
- NBM – Irving, TX – March 28-30, 2019
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
Please support our sponsors!
Impressions Expo – Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Printavo – Printavo has a free trial and demo which you can sign up for at their website
Award-Winning Custom Transfers For the Garment Industry – AceTransCo.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.