Changes to Your Business in a Changing World
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:11:56 — 62.0MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:11:56 — 62.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
(Sponsored by Impressions) This week on the 2 Regular Guys podcast Katie Wubben from Trouble Me Knot will be joining Aaron and Terry. The topic will be Changes to Your Business. Katie’s business, like many of us, has been through some drastic changes. For Katie, changes for the better. We’ll discuss the challenges that come with change, and how to manage it all. We’ll even have some tips on how to navigate the landscape of change.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Breaking Through Limiting Beliefs Workshop this afternoon at 2 PM Eastern, 1 PM Central, Noon Mountain and 11 AM Pacific. Last chance to sign up and to #Regulators if you use the code OSG you will save $20. https://oursuccessgroup.com/beliefs/
Industry Sales and Events Veteran Josh Carruth Joins PRINTING United Alliance as Apparel Community Managing Director – PRINTING United Alliance has announced the appointment of apparel industry veteran Josh Carruth to managing director, apparel community. In this role, Carruth is responsible for the growth and support of all apparel-related programs and membership initiatives at PRINTING United Alliance. Carruth will oversee the Apparel Zone, a working microfactory on the show floor at PRINTING United Expo, which takes place Oct. 6-8 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla
With more COVID confusion with the Delta Variant, we’ve decided to give you all trade show updates at least every couple of weeks. Ray Weiss with Printing United gave us an Orlando update last week so here are responses from the three other major shows for our industry. Aaron, Erich and myself will be in the 2 Regular Guys booth at Printing United right by the Apparel Zone, so be sure to stop by and see us if you’re planning to be there.
Jamar Laster with Impressions Expo: I wanted to update you all on our new health & safety plan for Atlantic City. It has changed since I came on the podcast and we just sent an email about it to our community. In short, everyone, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, are required to wear face masks in ALL state-owned buildings, which includes the Atlantic City Convention Center. Please note: these public, indoor spaces include exhibit halls, meeting rooms, and lobbies. Masks will be made available at the event, if needed. Impressions Expo in Atlantic City, NJ is August 26-28. Here’s a link to the health & safety page on our Atlantic City website: https://impressionsexpo.com/atlanticcity/show/health-and-safety/
Scott Ritter with the DAX Show: We’re looking forward to a great show at DAX Chicagoland, and attendance has surged in the last 2 weeks to the point where we have had to make arrangements in the floor plan to accommodate a larger than expected crowd! We’re even seeing people register from New Jersey and Pennsylvania! If you are worried about traveling to large cities right now, it’s good to know that the DAX show venue is located on I-80, just southwest of the Chicago metro area. For almost anybody attending, there is no need to go through Chicago to get to the very safe, friendly, and upscale suburb of Tinley Park. The convention center has installed a new air handling system making it one of the first convention facilities in the country to have a ‘negative-pressure’ event space, with the air in the exhibit hall being exchanged with outside air several times an hour. As of this moment, there is no mask mandate or other restriction on events in Tinley Park.
Dave Pomeroy with Graphics Pro Expo: Dave says, GPX Long Beach was—no hyperbole here—our best attended event yet this year. All three days of the show were quite busy. We had nearly everyone who was there from NBM pitching in at various times at registration / badge pick-up, just to keep the lines moving. LA County had a mask mandate in effect, but we found exhibitors and attendees to be very cooperative…everyone was there to do business and this didn’t slow things down a bit. Remaining GPX events for 2021: Pittsburgh September 24-25 and Charlotte October 29-30. Hope to see everyone there!
Dad Joke: I’ve written a book about sandpaper.
It’s a work of friction.
Changes to Your Business in a Changing World
Terry: Welcome to the 2 Regular Guys Podcast, Katie Wubben. She is owner of Trouble Me Knot Embroidery, has been in the apparel industry since age 18 and knew nothing about what running a business entailed. She learned quickly while being a self taught screen printer. After adding embroidery to the lineup of services upon many requests from customers, Katie soon found herself enjoying the endless options embroidery brought to the business. It did not take long for Katie to realize that was one of the best decisions she could have made. Utilizing multi-media to expand creativity has opened many new doors within the business. Welcome to the show.
Aaron: We have been fortunate enough to get to know you at the trade shows, specifically DAX. I know the footprint and crowds have been smaller this year, but your booth space has been pretty substantial. Why the big change?
Terry: What are some of the biggest challenges when it comes to navigating all of the changes you have had to make to your business?
Aaron: What parts of the changes have surprised you? What has been the most pleasant surprise?
Terry: We know you are quite the educator if you could teach Aaron how to embroider, how have these changes scratched the teaching itch for you?
Aaron: As you have navigated the changing landscape, what has been the #1 lesson you learned? How can our listeners, the decorators of the word, learn from that lesson?
Terry: What is on the horizon for you and Trouble Me Knot?
Aaron: How can people find you? I know you will be at DAX Next week, but any other ways they can contact you?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things To Conquer Fear
- Realize that fear is an acronym
- Say I scare myself by Imagining
- Realize What Reality is
- Image the BEST Possible Outcome
- Feel The Fear and do it anyway
By Aaron Montgomery of Our Success Group
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
Reach out to us at email@example.com, Contact Us or at our Facebook Page.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.