Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Dad Joke: What did the ocean say to the shore?
Nothing, it just waved.
From Lewis Montgomery
Community, Education, and Embroidery
Jeff Fuller started his venture into embroidery as a patch collector. His curiosity led him into starting Fuller Embroidery Works with one single needle machine in his living room. His obsession with the craft led him to purchase two more commercial machines and open his doors. In 2019, Jeff founded The Embroidery Nerd group on Facebook, intending to educate and share tips with both new and veteran embroiderers. The group has flourished with over 2000 members from 94 countries.
Justin Armenta is an 27 year veteran of the industry, an award winning digitizer, owner of JA Digitizing Studios, and an embroidery production manager for a multihead embroidery and screenprint company with experience in drawing prep for the old tablet digitizing and operating embroidery machines, He currently works with logo design, vector art, and screen print and embroidery production management as well as his primary work in digitizing. Though new to the education side of the game, Justin finds himself loving to teach and engage with the Embroidery Nerd group
Erich: Let’s start by letting our audience get to know you both a little better- give us a little detail about how you got your start in the embroidery and decorated apparel industry? Are you in the ‘accidental career’ camp like me, or how did you come to find yourself in this space?
Aaron: I know we’re definitely going to get into embroidery, but before we get too deep, I wanted to talk to you about something I know we both believe in- Community. Jeff, first I’d like to know what made you want to start the Embroidery Nerd group, and then from both you and Justin, why do you think communities like it are so important?
Erich: One thing we have in common aside from saying the word ‘stitch’ about 1000 times a day, is that we have all spent a lot of time in the last year going ‘live’ with education. What are your favorite things about going live and what’s been the hardest about teaching ‘without a net’? Let’s start with you Justin.
Aaron: The Regulators know that the 2 Regular Guys are consistently beating the drum of quality education; what have your experiences been with education and why did you decide to start your own more formal classes and webinars?
Erich: As someone who has spent a lot of time teaching and answering embroidery questions, I have to ask, what do you think are the most frequently asked questions and problems you find yourself returning to when interacting with embroiderers?
Aaron: Do you find that there’s more call for basic knowledge training, or are more people looking for specialty techniques? Moreover, are people asking more for how-to, technical training, or how much are business/operational/marketing questions part of the conversation?
Erich: Knowing that you folks are one day away from your second session dedicated to 3D foam, I know that there’s a call for technique-specific classes- why did you go with 3D foam, and what are you excited to teach in this second, intermediate session?
Aaron: We’re big on adding perceived value to products; what do you think that 3D foam does for the value of a garment, and what are you teaching tomorrow that you find adds that kind of value?
Erich: We’ve talked about the group over and over and folks know you are teaching, but where can our listeners find more of what you guys are up to? What should we be looking out for in the near future?
Facebook Live Video
5 KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL 3D PUFF EMB ON HATS
- PROPER DIGITIZING for 3D
- QUALITY HIGH DENSITY FOAM
- QUALITY HAT
- CORRECT TOOLS
- PROPER CLEAN UP
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com . See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23 SOLD OUT. Next Chicago class August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021– Cancelled
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.