Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. This show will focus on the finer points of working with a contract company. All too often we tell our customers, sorry we can’t do that for them and give them the reason to go up the street to your competitor. We want to talk to you about how to best contract it out and make the process as easy as possible for you. We will bring Greg Kitson onto the show from Mind’s Eye Graphics who is a long time contract decorator to share details about what to expect, what questions to ask and what the best practices are when working with a contract decorator.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past three and a half years, 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- The Ft Worth ISS Show – Great event and Thanks to Impressions for Hosting Us!
- Anajet Recall – If you own an Anajet you should go to their site for instructions on the machine recall. “Because of the potential safety hazards/concerns, if these items have not been addressed, please immediately discontinue use of the AnaJet mPower and mPower i-series Direct to Garment Printer, unplug the product and do not use the product until further notice.” http://anajet.com/recall-information
- MarvelPress Closing – Was a contract company owned by Sawgrass and word on the street is they are shutting down.
Contract It Out
Welcome in the owner of Mind’s Eye Graphics in Decatur, Indiana, Greg Kitson. Tell us about your personal experience with contract printing.
- I know you emphasize Profit when you talk Profitable pricing strategies and pricing models. What do you mean by that?
- What would you say are the most popular pricing structures?
- We talk about positioning your company price-wise on the program often. What’s your take on being the low price competitor?
Obviously, competition can play a major role in how we go about the approach to contract printing. What’s your advice on dealing with the competition?
- You must understand competitive market pricing pressures, However…
- You can’t let THEM set your prices
- PROFITable Pricing Strategies-Know Your Competition
- The Friendly Competitor Model
- You never know when you will need each other
- Or….The Secret Shopper scenario
- Don’t be too smart
- Not just the gal down the street
- Internet shopping is here to stay
Any advice for someone considering the contract printing marketplace?
- How do you find contract decorators? Ask suppliers for their big customers
- Go on a site visit with samples of things you want to decorate.
The 2 Regular Guys have a big event upcoming with you. Care to share with our listeners? http://2regularguys.com/event/digital-decorating-class/?instance_id=20225
Thanks for coming on the show with us again today, Greg. Tell our listeners where they can catch your seminars and find Mind’s Eye Graphics.
Sublimation Contract Work
- So tell us where sublimation fits and how it might different from apparel decorators
- One term you hear is mass customization. Can you explain that to our listeners?
- Where are some market places people can take advantage of working with a company like Pic The Gift?
Terry’s contract experience – How to be a contract decorator
- In your experience, what does it takes to be a contractor?
- A sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- You talk about greater benefits to your business as a contractor. What do you mean by that?
- Can you share how our listeners can find a contract account or two right now?
- NBM Portland Oct 14-15
- NBM Charlotte Oct 27-29
- NBM Denver Nov 11-12
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – November 12-13
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Reece Supply in Dallas – November 19-20
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – December 10-11
- The New World of Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Decatur, IN – February 24-25
- The New World of Digital Decorating – Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ (NYC Area) – :::Coming Soon:::
- Epson free all-day training Seminars
- October 26 NBM Charlotte – theNBMshow.com
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.