Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. On today’s episode, we talk to Deborah Corn of Print Media Center about the convergences of our two worlds, garment decorating and ink on paper printing and the coming together of those two worlds at PrintingUnited in October in Dallas. Deborah is the Intergalactic Ambassador to The Printerverse and back in February, we interviewed several amazing guests at the ThreadX event in San Diego. We called those episodes, 2 Regular Guys and a Girl who Prints. Today we are going to hear a few snippets from those interviews and discuss our thoughts on what this means for the future of all of us together. Convergence is GOOD!
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
The NBM Show has announced their locations for 2020. Look for 2019 locations: Long Beach, Calif., Irving, Texas, Cleveland, Ohio and Charlotte, North Carolina. Next year the show returns to Indianapolis and adding the new cities of Santa Clara, Calif., Richmond, Virginia, and Providence, Rhode Island. www.theNBMShow.com
Printavo Announces PrintHustlers Conf 2019 The screen printing conference takes place July 12–13 at East-West University in downtown Chicago for screen printers, embroiderers, and apparel decorators of all levels. For more information, visit www.printhustlers.com.
Convergences with the Print World
Terry: Deborah Corn is with Print Media Center and is the Intergalactic Ambassador to The Printerverse. We’ve done some podcasts together under Deborah’s platform, so today we’d like to welcome her to the 2 Regular Guys! 2 Regular Guys and a Girl who Prints! Welcome to the show Deborah.
Aaron: It has been a little bit since ThreadX, but we are going to be hearing some parts of interviews we did together at ThreadX, so how about a quick recap from your perspective Deborah. As an outside to the garment decorating world who is now one of us, what was your take on the event?
Terry: So let’s play a quick clip from Dan Marx, Director of Content Development at SGIA, who we interviewed at ThreadX. This is pulled from the middle of our interview where Dan is discussing Custom Activation, Zazzle and More. :::PlayClip::: What can the garment world help the print world with and Vice Versa?
Aaron: We also had a chance to talk to someone at ThreadX who is an ink on paper guy for 30+ years, Tom O’Brien, President at AccuLink. He is an early adopter of technology. Let’s hear a short clip from him about how he is looking at the convergence and why :::PlayClip::: Is the digital technology in the decorating space the bridge between our two worlds?
Terry: We also had a great discussion during our interviews, 2 Regular Guys and a Girl Who Prints with Ford Bowers, President & CEO at SGIA. Let’s hear a small portion of that :::Play Clip::: What are some other areas of collaboration that people would be missing out on if they don’t attend PrintingUnited?
Aaron: PrintingUnited is coming up October 23-25, 2019 in Dallas Texas. What are you most excited about over that 3 days awesomeness?
Terry: Deborah, where can our listeners find out more about you, and your podcast? What’s the latest news in your world?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Phoenix with WorkHorse Products on April 27-28
- Friday, May 3rd – DAX Chicagoland – The Digitizing Difference: Foam, Gradients, and Performancewear
- Friday, May 3rd – DAX Chicagoland – Developing a Business Plan
- Friday, May 3rd – DAX Chicagoland – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits
- Saturday, May 4th – DAX Chicagoland – Patch Making for Fun and Profit
- Terry has 2 seminars – one on DTG and one on screen printing – at DAX Chicago May 3rd
- Chicago with Atlas Screen Supply on June 22-23
- ISA SignExpo – April 24-26, 2019
- DAX Chicago – May 3-4, 2019
- NBM Milwaukee – May 17-18, 2019
- ISS Houston – June 6-8, 2019
- ASI Chicago – July 10-11, 2019
- NBM Meadowlands – July 25-26, 2019
- NBM Long Beach – August 15-17, 2019
- ISS Orlando – September 5-7, 2019
- NBM Columbus – September 12-14, 2019
- ISS Ft Worth – October 3-5, 2019
- NBM Denver – October 11-12, 2019
- PrintingUnited powered by SGIA – October 23-25, 2019
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.