Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast from November 15th, 2013, so you can get more details on some of the items we discussed. The guys were joined by Jay Busselle who is a CorelDraw expert and gave us lots of information and plenty to Corel Draw Tips and Tricks.
Corel Draw Tips and Tricks
- History about the software program CorelDRAW and how it became so popular?
- Why people use CorelDRAW in the first place?
- Affordability – $399, ease of use and powerful suite.
- Why does the professional design community look down on and even speak negatively about CorelDRAW?
- Describe some of the common users – what are they doing with CorelDRAW?
- Converting jpg’s to vectors, vinyl cutting, screen separations, rhinestones and there are some great plug ins available.
- Strengths of the program?
About Jay: Jay Busselle began his screen printing, graphics and advertising career while in high school. He started printing “unofficial replica” T-shirts of his favorite surfing, skiing and skateboarding companies. It didn’t take long before Jay was working for a screen printer and soon thereafter his family owned a promotional advertising agency with an emphasis on apparel decoration. 30 years later, Jay says he’s almost grown up! Jay is currently ranked #13 on the Stitches Magazine Power 75 list, is a highly rated industry speaker and presenter, has authored several articles for trade publications and is an accomplished graphics software trainer. He lives in Arizona with his wife Jenn and their 6 great children.
Email: [email protected]
First annual industry awards. We have the nomination form up on our website and we are looking for your input on who we should be voting on to win these awards. The nomination form will be up until November 27th, and then the voting will begin December 1st, 2013. Votes will be tallied until December 19th, 2013 and we will announce the winners on a special 1 hour broadcast on the 20th of December at 10AM CST.
You can submit nominations as many times as you want.
- Best new product in the industry
- Best sales rep from any company
- Best customer service from any company
- Most helpful forum poster on any industry forum
- Best trade show seminar
- Best industry trade show (sponsor company and location)
- Best guest on the 2 Regular Guys Podcast
Be sure to give us your nomination HERE.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – January 25th and 26th
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) February 21st
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.