Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast where Aaron and Terry discuss Corel X7 with Gérard Métrailler from Corel Corporation and Richard Reilly of Fluid Designs who is a CorelDRAW Master. Don’t miss this Corel X7 Preview.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
Corel X7 in our Industry
- Tell our listeners a little more about you and your history with our industry.
- How does Corel fit into our industry and why does it seems to be the program of choice for screen printers.
- What are some other related fields in our industry that should be looking at Corel more?
- What are some of the features of Corel that people might not know about that they should be using?
- What are some of the key new features of Corel X7 that stand out for garment decorators?
About Richard Reilly – is a Graphic Designer who is proficient in both traditional and computer generated media with over 20 years in the Imprinted Apparel Industry. He has been a Featured Industry Expert at CorelDRAW Unleashed User Conference 2008 and have been spotlighted in many articles in Industry Magazines, online websites & blogs. His art & designs have been used for advertising & promotions by Corel Corp for their graphics programs & products World Wide. He was named CorelDRAW Master® in 2012 by Corel Corp along with 7 other amazing artists, world wide.
Interview with Gérard Métrailler, Senior Director of Product Management for Graphics at Corel Corporation
Lucky Winner of the Corel X7 Software: Shannon Tribbett
Thanks to all who participated!
Notes from Chat Room:
ErichCampbell: I use Corel pretty exclusively for my sublimation.
ErichCampbell: The tie in with Wilcom made it a natural choice for me. (Longtime Wilcom Digitizer/and Deconetwork User)
ErichCampbell: I also use Corel to cut my applique materials!
RichardReilly: Thanks again for having me today. In case my website was tough to understand here it is again…. www.fluiddsn.com
ErichCampbell: I’ve managed to use CorelDraw to open files that were corrupt in other software even though they were native- latest versions are great.
ErichCampbell: Also, built in WhatTheFont searching- love that too.
RichardReilly: What the font is a huge time saver. We do a lot of recreating in this industry and trying to match fonts used to take hours now in many cases only minutes.
- Sign Serigrafia (Brazil) – May 6th – 9th
- ISS Nashville – May 8th – 10th
- PPAI Expo East (Atlantic City) – May 19th – 21st
- NBM Indianapolis – June 12th – 14th
- ASI Chicago – July 15th – 17th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – May 17-18, 2014
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – May 23rd
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – May 31-June 1, 2014
Terry’s Book – Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,695. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.