Demystifying RIP Software for Your Production Printers
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:51 — 53.5MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:04:51 — 53.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
This week, the 2 Regular Guys will be chatting with a RIP software expert, Chris Des Biens, from Ergosoft. What is RIP software? And why do I need it for the printers on my production floor? Chris will talk advantages of using a third-party RIP and how to compare one software to the next. And of course, answer all RIP software questions from our live listeners.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
The Decorators Community powered by 2 Regular Guys Podcast is hosting Me for a live training class tomorrow May 29th, 2021, titled “Understanding Emblems – Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches.” In this class, I’ll teach you more about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for small-run patches in-house without expensive specialty equipment. As well as covering the technical execution, Erich will discuss the range of products available in the patch world and give you tips on where they fit in your product range. This class will be live on May 29th, 2021 at 1:00 PM Eastern | 10:00 AM Pacific. Find out more and register for all the Decorators Community-approved training at https://decorators.education/.
PRINTING United Alliance announces that registration has officially opened for the PRINTING United Expo 2021, taking place at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) in Orlando on October 6-8. New this year is a three-phase Expo experience that further provides access to even more education, new product debuts, and more, for the industry around the globe. And see the 2 Regular Guys broadcasting there live all three days. For more information go to: bit.ly/3oQ2qCm
Dad Joke: Did you know Aaron gave me the nickname, Mr. Compromise?
It wasn’t my first choice, but I guess I’m OK with it
Demystifying RIP Software
Erich: Chris Des Biens has been working with Ergosoft for the better part of 5 years. As the Business Unit Manager of Ergosoft, Chris has enjoyed helping Ergosoft grow and meet the needs of customers across a wide range of industries.
Terry: Chris, let’s start at the very beginning. Explain to our listeners what RIP software is.
Erich: I know this is a big question but talk to us about some of the RIP options that Ergosoft offers to the garment/product decorating industry.
Terry: At what point do I decide to go beyond the “factory provided” software and move toward a third party RIP software?
Erich: What are some checkboxes we should look at when comparing one RIP with another? What should we look for in a side by side comparison?
Terry: I think some people are a little gun-shy of yet another software program. What would you say is a typical skill set required or learning curve we should expect?
Erich: What should someone expect training-wise and follow up support for your RIP for example?
Terry: Where can our listeners reach out to you?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to do Everyday
- Say “I love you”
- Meditate. Take 20 minutes, get comfortable, control your breathing, and focus your thoughts on the positive things you want to achieve or focus on the positive changes you wish to see in the world.
- Pick up the phone. Make that phone call. Even if you are not in the mood.
- Exercise. This will help to fuel the other 4 on the list.
- Improve the space around you. Pick something up. Clean. Smile. Whatever it is, no matter how small of an act – just do something to improve your environment where you are.
Thanks Chris Des Biens for providing these.
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact Us or at our Facebook Page.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com . See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.