This week Aaron and Erich will be talking to Andrea Bommarito of ZSK to discuss her role in developing and testing processes for specialty embroidery and decorations. From determining digitizing solutions to material manipulations to machine setup, Andrea helps her customers create processes for all manners of decoration from the mundane to the magnificent, and she’ll be on-hand to discuss her methods and share insights about developing treatments.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Erich: Rather than single out a specific news story, I just wanted to say I think it’s great to see so many new hires and expansions going on in the industry; I have been seeing multiple companies bringing on people who will expand their reach, new partnerships meant to solidify product lines, and much more great news. There are other issues like price hikes and supply issues, but all in all, I feel like there’s some real movement getting underway.
Dad Joke: A guy threw milk at me.
Aaron: Let’s bring Andrea on and get right into it. Fans of the 2 Regular Guys know Andrea as our original Embroidery Expert and a great friend of the show, but for those that don’t know you as well as we do, Andrea, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
Erich: Those of us who are trade show veterans definitely know you from the ZSK booth, and some of us know that there are a ton of awesome embroideries of yours on display, but what some may not know is that you take an active role in helping customers develop decoration processes- When folks come to you with something out of the ordinary that they want to achieve, how do you usually get started? Though I imagine the initial interview is pretty important, what’s the first step after that in your process of crafting a solution?
Aaron: About the specialty solutions themselves; do most of the people that come to you for help want to run on strange materials/garments, or are they trying to do something different with the decoration itself?
Erich: Do you find that the issues that crop up with these special treatments are mostly with digitizing, or do people more frequently have problems with execution/materials? Is there a chief stumbling block most people face?
Aaron: Do most people come to you with problems before they get equipment, i.e. they are looking for an equipment solution, or are the people you help mostly working with a new product or struggling with something in their existing offerings?
Aaron: Though it’s great that you help people solve these creative problems, I’d love not to have this show just turn into more work for you- What tips can you offer people looking to create their own solutions and solve problems?
Erich: If there’s one thing you wish customers knew about the work you do in consulting for these solutions, what would it be?
Erich: Where can our audience find out more?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things To Remember when developing new embroidery techniques.
- Charge for sampling
- At first, if you don’t succeed, try try again
- Take Notes
- Charge for the additional process
- Congratulate Yourself!
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 21-22.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.