Direct to Garment Deep Dive
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:52 — 55.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Terry and Aaron discussed all things DTG in this direct to garment deep dive. Terry is coming off of an all day training seminar at the NBM Long Beach show showing people the Epson F2000 Direct to Garment Printer, so we will be asking him to share some tips and tricks from that event. The guys will also discuss the beginning of the Direct to Garment segment of our industry as well as discuss what the future might hold.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys is all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past three years, 2 Regular Guys has been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
Direct to Garment Deep Dive
Where direct to garment came from in the industry.
- The early days
- Matt Rhome 1996
- US Screen (T-Jet), Brother and Mimaki – SGIA Minneapolis 2004
- Tried and failed
- Screen printing pretreatment on a shirt
- Printing discharge ink through a print head
- Early innovators – Like car buyers at the turn of the previous century
Overview of the current state of direct to garment.
- Commercial machines now
- The Frankenstein machines are on the decline
- Most buyers purchase both a DTG and an automatic pretreat machine
- Environment is still critical
- Not just clogging – head cleaning
- Process is basically still the same as the early days, just vastly more consistent
- Do your homework – a bit of smoke and mirrors still today
Future of direct-to-garment?
- Polyesters and more specifically performance wear
- Probably the biggest buzz among potential customers
- All machines will print at a higher rate of speed
- Pretreated garments will likely be the future as well
- NBM Long Beach July 14-16
- Embroidery Mart Nashville Aug 5-6
- NBM Baltimore Aug 18-20
- ISS Nashville Sept 8-10
- SGIA Las Vegas Sept 14-16
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – July 23-24
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – August 13-14
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,995. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.