How to Discover your Own Niche Markets Part 2
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Terry and Aaron tell us that finding business and keeping your pipeline full is one of the most difficult tasks they see small businesses struggle with. They are passionate about helping you overcome that challenge. Back in February they started this conversation about niche market and finding the right one for you and they will wrap it up in today’s show with even more great tips. They will share with you some new techniques to find your own niche and just hopefully get your creativity and excitement flowing when it comes to finding new business.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys is all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. For the past three years, 2 Regular Guys has been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!!
- More American Apparel News
- Why isn’t today Tax Day?
How to Discover your Own Niche Markets
What kind of business is each of us really in? A service for the most part, albeit a creative service. But what are we really selling? Happiness, being a part of something, pride, accomplishment, etc.
In February we discussed:
- Thinking like an entrepreneur.
- Who has the most expendable income?
- If you do good work, business will build upon business will build upon business.
- People will pay a premium for what they’re passionate about. Create a niche market based on people’s passions.
- Take it on the road.
- Commemorate the adventures of a lifetime.
- Find a niche that’s totally outside the box.
- Find a niche that allows for a series of repeat orders.
- Find a unique approach to a traditional market.
- It’s not always the price. Make it easy for your customer to buy from you. “I’ll take care of everything!”
- Combine your own interests and passions with your garment decoration business.
- Help your customer to market their product and you take care of the details.
From Erich on Chat: BTW, I just wrote a post on the topic- didn’t even notice you folks were doing the show. Great minds, right? http://www.erichcampbell.com/niche-marketing-simplified/
At every activity, with every event, you should think, “I should do shirts!”
Create a successful concept then promote the idea of it to your target market.
Is there a niche market that’s underserved, or improperly served?
Create a niche from your own experiences.
An idea doesn’t have to be unique, you just have to do it better.
Create a market where no market existed before.
Find that secret approach that no one else has discovered about your unique niche.
Show someone their logo or image on a product and they have trouble saying no.
- The problem is that most of us don’t take action.
- How do you think we could get more motivated?
- How many of these should you do in a month? How do you schedule marketing? – Hootsuite
- DAX Chicago April 22-23
- ISS Nashville May 19-21
- NBM Indianapolis June 2-4
- ASI Chicago July 13-14
- NBM Long Beach July 14-16
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – April 30-May 1
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – May 14-15
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,995. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.