Join the 2 Regular Guys as they delve into the impact of Direct-to-Film (DTF) transfers on the apparel decorating industry. Russ Turner from Impressions Expo joins the show to share his insights from the recent Long Beach event and what he expects to see at the upcoming show in Atlantic City. Terry and Aaron continue the conversation, exploring the potential safety concerns and the real impact of DTF on the industry. Is DTF truly a game changer for the apparel decoration sector? Tune in to hear Terry’s thoughts as someone deeply involved in the industry through his work with Equipment Zone, and join the conversation with the #Regulators live.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. We are not doing this for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
What do you get from a dwarf cow?
(Thanks to Gösta Pyzze Karlsson)
Is DTF a Game Changer?
Aaron: Russ Turner with Impressions Expo is joining us here at the top of the show. Russ, welcome to the podcast.
Terry: Myself and Erich were just in Long Beach, California. Tell us how successful you thought the event was in terms of attendance and satisfaction of those attendees and the vendors.
Aaron: A lot of buzz is happening around DTF in the apparel space and I heard Long Beach was no different. What does DTF mean to the Impressions Expo and what does one of the industries learning trade shows think about the technology?
Terry: Impressions Expo is doing three shows this year. Tell us what our listeners can expect in Atlantic City in March, and then down the road in Ft Worth.
Aaron: Beyond 2023, is there a plan to expand the locations again like in the past?
Terry: Russ, how can our listeners reach you and how can they sign up to attend upcoming events?
- Why did the 2 Regular Guys want to tackle this topic?
- Had others on in the past (Todd Downing twice, Don Copeland)
- Honesty about Terry and his role with Equipment Zone and their place in the market
(Terry has always been that type of guy anyway, never steering people wrong just to get a sale)
- Direct-to-Film… how it works and why do people use it?
- PET Film – Polyethylene terephthalate
- Adhesive – polyurethane resin
- Let’s talk about curing options
- Why is it so appealing that everyone is flocking to get their piece of the DTF pie?
- What are the drawbacks of the equipment – Challenges people are not talking about?
- What are the limitations of the technology – when it comes to transferring, washability etc?
- Is the use of DTF and adhesive powders safe for our long-term health?
- Fumes can cause eye, skin, or respiratory irritation or potentially an allergic reaction for some
ULTIMATE QUESTION – CLOSER Game Changer or Flavor of the Month?
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 4-5, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting February 18-19, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems, including small detail tips, creating your own borders, execution for stitching, and more.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 7-10, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Kansas City, MO – February 24-25, 2023
- EEM Show Lafayette, LA – March 3-5, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 9-10, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 23-25, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Minneapolis (Welch), MN – March 31-April 1, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Chicago (Tinley Park), IL – April 14-15, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
- ASI Chicago – July 25-27, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- ASI Show ConneX Nashville, TN – October 9-12, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
All dates and events subject to change