Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Sue Brown says, “I love to teach embroidery. I have a different style of teaching that makes everyone feel at ease and feel confident.” Sue teaches everything from machines, digitizing and style. Join us for a fast paced and energetic conversation with Sue and get on board with the motto Learn, Stitch and Smile!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Embroidery Education and Fun
Terry: As frequently happens with the Reggies, we learned about your channel from your dedicated followers’ nominations. What made you decide to take that route for teaching?
Aaron: Unlike some of the online content we’ve seen in your space, you have not only tips videos but structured, project-driven classes that your ‘students’ can participate in. What do you think your students get from these scheduled classes and how does this integrate with the Facebook Group?
Terry: In our pre-interview, you said your teaching style is geared to make people feel confident and ‘at ease’ – What’s different about the way you teach that gives people that confidence?
Aaron: Many of your projects and classes are more what we might expect to see in the craft/home embroidery market. Though a lot of the skills in digitizing are applicable on both sides of the home/commercial split, do you see a lot of classic logo work or apparel decorators taking an interest in your groups?
Terry: We have seen a lot of crossover lately between embroidery hobbyists and cottage-industry decorators. What do you wish that the commercial folks would teach the home/cottage industry embroiderers?
Aaron: So what is the one tip you would give someone who came to you with little or no experience to get them going?
Terry: What is the most common Facebook Group question you get?
Aaron: What final thoughts would you like to share with the listeners, and where can people find more from you and OML Embroidery?
Terry: Thanks again, Sue for coming on today and sharing insights about your channel.
Sue Brown is an embroidery educator who works to cultivate a style of teaching that makes everyone feel at ease and confident with her OML Embroidery University Facebook group and YouTube videos. She says that her group has a few sayings, one being, “Be confident in every stitch.” Sue teaches everything from machines, digitizing and style, and wants everyone to be confident every time they create! Her tagline is Learn. Stitch. Smile.
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning at 11:30 AM EST | 8:30 AM PST
- January 18, 2019 – Learning to Digitize: The 2 Kinds of Embroidery Knowledge (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- January 19, 2019 – The Scientific Stitcher – Measurement and Testing (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- January 20, 2019 – Embroidery Pricing Models Explained (ISS Long Beach, CA)
- February 22, 2019 – Developing a Business Plan (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits (DAX Kansas City)
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- PPAI Expo – January 13-17, 2019
- ISS Long Beach – January 18-20, 2019
- Creativation – January 19-21, 2019
- NBM Phoenix – February 1-2, 2019
- ASI Ft Worth – February 5-6, 2019
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 17-19, 2019
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2019
- ISS Atlantic City – March 21-23, 2019
- NBM – Irving, TX – March 28-30, 2019
- DAX Minnesota – April 5-6, 2019
Please support our sponsors! Award-Winning Custom Transfers For the Garment Industry – AceTransCo.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.