Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Join Terry and Aaron for a discussion on employee engagement and why this is so important for your business. From ways to motivate, manage and develop people to have a positive working relationship to ensure more productivity. Share your experiences and tips with us. Plus, join in on the usual fun with our live broadcast!
Sponsored by: Impressions Expo. Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Impressions Expo Long Beach Recap – Tune In!
Employee Engagement 101
Today Terry and I are going to be talking Employee Engagement 101. And since Terry has more experience dealing with a production floor full of employees, I’ll be asking the questions.
Let’s start with this. What’s the #1 most important thing an owner or manager should focus on when it comes to dealing with your employees.
- Communication – Expectations
- Talk about your business, goals, aspirations
- Who knows more about making things better in your business than the people doing the work day to day?
- Pizza! OK, I’ve talked about buying pizza a lot. Do Jimmy Johns instead.
Do you have any specific examples of poor communication?
- “Yeah, I’m gonna need you to fire that guy.”
I think we all hear owners and managers complaining about their employees. What’s you take on this?
- Nearly every employee wants to come to work and do a good job
- If you complain about your employees attitudes, work ethic, quality of work… look in the mirror
- If you end every bit of praise for a job well done with the work “but”, you’re a micromanager.
- The personality of your business, the attitude of your employees, the way customers see your business is a reflection of you as an owner or manager
Let’s talk motivation
- Focus on success, not failure
- Small rewards can be the greatest rewards
How about that one employee that you see in the break room and you just keep walking through the other door like you were going someplace else?
- Is one employee a black cloud?
- According to state or province law wherever you run your business, a crappy attitude is not a protected class
We can’t do this without talking training – SKIP?
- 1st of all, you have no secrets, so get over yourself
Tell us one thing an owner or manager can do to change their work environment and level of stress
- If you can’t leave your business for a little vacation, or for lunch, that’s on you, not your employees. It all starts with trust and the willingness to allow employees to make mistakes.
- “What would you do to resolve this problem?”
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Next Level Business Training
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing webinar March 28th, 2020
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course
Atlas Screen Supply in Nashville, February 15-16
WorkHorse Phoenix February 29-March 1
- Scheduling & Estimating Production Time Video Series – April 1, 2020
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Impressions Expo Long Beach – January 17-19, 2020
- NBM Santa Clara – February 7-8, 2020
- International Awards & Personalization Expo – February 18-21, 2020
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2020
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 23–25, 2020
- NBM Irving TX – March 12-14, 2020
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – March 19-21, 2020
- DAX Minnesota – April 2-4, 2020
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.