Join Terry Combs and Aaron Montgomery in exploring the concept of participation within the industry. They share personal anecdotes, insights, and lessons learned from their own experiences, emphasizing the importance of sharing knowledge, building relationships, and growing together. From the early days of secretive practices to the present era of open collaboration, they explore how participation has evolved and why it’s more crucial than ever. They also discuss the human instincts of competition, the unique strengths that make each business special, and the rewarding feeling of helping others succeed. Tune in for a rich conversation filled with humor, wisdom, and a genuine passion for the industry.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. 2 Regular Guys was not created for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will improve your business and our industry. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
🏆🤑 Ready to have clarity and confidence in your business? 🥇🎯 Got to https://oursuccessgroup.com/tryosg
If you have anything newsworthy you would like us to share, please email details to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Weekly News.”
Do you know the difference between a literalist and a kleptomaniac?
A literalist takes things literally.
A kleptomaniac takes things… literally.
In this engaging episode of the Two Regular Guys Podcast, hosts Terry Combs and Aaron Montgomery explore the multifaceted concept of participation within the industry. They embark on a journey that takes listeners from the early days of the industry, marked by secretive practices, to the present era of open collaboration and sharing.
Terry and Aaron kick off the episode by reflecting on their personal beginnings in the industry. Terry shares his nervous experience of conducting his first seminar back in 1991, facing a crowd of 150 people. He recalls how introducing himself as a “regular guy” resonated with the audience, setting the stage for a more relaxed and engaging interaction.
Evolution of Participation
The hosts discuss the evolution of participation in the industry. They note how the industry has come a long way from a time when information was closely guarded. With the advent of the internet and more trade shows, doors have opened for sharing knowledge and experiences. Terry emphasizes that everyone has unique insights and experiences that can benefit others, even if they think their knowledge is common.
The Importance of Sharing
The episode emphasizes the importance of sharing knowledge without expecting anything in return. Aaron shares a profound lesson from a mentor: “You just can’t out give the universe.” This philosophy underscores the belief that giving leads to receiving in unexpected ways. The hosts also highlight how participation has led to opportunities, relationships, and learning experiences for them.
Human Instincts and Competition
Terry and Aaron delve into the human instincts of competition, acknowledging that these instincts can sometimes hinder collaboration. They argue that in today’s world, there’s no need for cutthroat competition. What makes a business unique is the individuals and their specific strengths, not hoarding secrets.
Stories and Experiences
Throughout the episode, Terry and Aaron share personal stories and experiences that bring their insights to life. Whether it’s Terry’s anecdotes from his screen printing classes or Aaron’s reflections on the unique strengths that make each business special, these stories add depth and relatability to the conversation.
The Rewarding Aspect of Participation
One of the standout themes of the episode is the rewarding aspect of participation. Terry speaks passionately about how helping others succeed in their businesses has been fulfilling. He shares encounters with people who have expressed gratitude for the insights and knowledge shared through the podcast and seminars.
Challenges and Opportunities
The hosts also touch on challenges and opportunities in participation. They acknowledge that not everyone feels comfortable sharing or may feel that their knowledge is not valuable. However, they encourage listeners to recognize the value they can bring and the growth that can come from engaging with others.
The episode concludes with a call to action for listeners to reflect on their participation in the industry. What does participation look like for them? What could they do more? What does it mean to them? These reflective questions encourage listeners to think about their role in the industry and how they can contribute to the rising tide that lifts all boats.
In a mix of humor, insights, and real-life examples, this episode of the Two Regular Guys Podcast offers a fresh perspective on participation in the industry. It’s a rich conversation filled with wisdom, genuine passion, and a strong sense of community. Whether you’re a seasoned expert or just starting, this episode is a valuable listen that encourages active participation, collaboration, and growth.
The Secret Sauce
We serve up bite-sized tips for our #regulators to instantly spice up their decorated apparel business. Just like the perfect wing sauce, these quick tips can transform your business experience, adding flavor and depth to your operations. Each video in this playlist is a nugget of wisdom, carefully selected for its potential to bring immediate value to your work. So, whether you’re a seasoned pro or just getting started in the decorated apparel industry, dip into our ‘Secret Sauce’ for insights that can help you soar. Remember, the right tip at the right time can be just the secret ingredient you need for success.
- Start Loving Your Business Today ❤️
The FUNdamentals Of Business Success Book
- Radical Goal-Getters – Facilitated 6-Month Mastermind and Goal Achievement Group
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 26-27, 2023.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, September 23-24, 2023.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for patches.
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. Thirty minutes of Q&A. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 18-19, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Baltimore, MD – September 13-14, 2023
- Impressions Expo Fort Worth, TX – September 14 – 16, 2023
- ABC’s – Design, Print, Market Workshop (At Impressions Expo Ft. Worth) Fort Worth, TX – September 13, 2023
- 5 Keys of Marketing Online – September 18-22, 2023
- ASI Show ConneX Nashville, TN – October 9-12, 2023
- Printing United Atlanta, GA – October 18-20, 2023
- ASI Orlando – January 3-4, 2024
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2024
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 6–9, 2024
- ASI Ft. Worth – March 5-6, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 7-9, 2024
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 21 – 23, 2024
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – June 13-15, 2024
All dates and events subject to change