Nicky Adamkiewicz will be joining the 2 Regular Guys to talk all things sublimation this week. Known as the Sassy Subber, Nicky is recognized on social media and across the world of sublimation. Join in on Friday with your decorating questions and have a great time with a two-time REGGIE award winner.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Dad Joke: From Chris Thomas with Atlas Screen Supply
A man calls his doctor and says, “Doc, you’ve got to help me. I’m addicted to Twitter.”
The doctor says, “Sorry, I don’t follow.”
The Sassy Subber
Aaron: Nicky Adamkiewicz is the Sassy Subber, educator of and cheerleader for sublimation business owners and hobbyists. She is the founder of the Sassy Subber Facebook group, the host of a weekly education broadcast on Facebook and YouTube called “The Sass” and the proprietor of the Sassy Subber Designs Etsy Shop and the Sassy Subber e-commerce site. A fifth-generation crafter, Nicky considers crafting to be part of her DNA. Nicky is also the guiding light behind the “SisterTribes” a union of female Facebook group leaders who have joined together to work for the greater good of the decoration community. The winner of two 2021 Reggie awards, Nicky lives in upstate New York with her husband, adult children and pets.
Terry: Nicky, tell us how it all started for you.
It started with my dad aka Mr Sassypants (funny short story behind that)
Aaron: Before we talk about your more public image, tell us a little bit about your own business.
I actually have three businesses outside of The Sass ( my teaching show) I have the www.thesassysubber.com ( my printing services) https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSassySubber (for my digital designs) and my www.lpbdesigns.com is my physical business.
Terry: What are your favorite items to decorate? And what product makes you groan just a little when a customer brings it up?
Ask me about the 40 tumbler club ( I strongly dislike tumblers ). I will talk about my favorites too.
Aaron: What’s one thing you wish you knew before you got into sublimation?
The amount of trial and error that would be in this and how people who teach this make it look easy and perfect.
Terry: What would you say is the number one question you get from new sublimators?
It’s a close race between where did you get that and time, temp and pressure.
Aaron: Nicky, why so much focus on education for you?
When you work in this business it can seem very lonely no one will share with you the where the who or the why. Like it is some big secret. I wanted to break the walls down. show anyone and everyone they can do this and they are not alone. I show my mistakes, my frustration, and my successes. Being genuine also plays a huge role in that. I am real people, the girl next store, your hype girl, I am the whole package. I refuse to let you quit.
Terry: Let’s talk trade shows in your future for 2022.
Other things I am teaching at my first trade show EEM show in April and at the Applique Getaway in July. Doing Meet and greets at both, Then the Tribe is taking over Vegas in October.
Aaron: How about the sister tribe network. What’s that about?
Other thoughts .. the sister tribe network ( would have brothers but a lot of the groups are run by women)
-talk about major vendors but let’s not forget about our small vendors ( mom and pop type)
Facebook Live Video
Five Factors that Impact Your Screen Print Image Quality
From Terry Combs, TerryCombs.com
- Start with good art and film positives
- Maintain proper screen tension
- Use the right mesh count for the art and substrate – most people use a mesh count too low
- Print off contact and one direction – push or pull, but not both
- Do not flash between colors beyond flashing your white underbase
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix on February 19-20, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 5-6, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 21-22, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- DAX Kansas City Kansas City, MO – February 25-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- DAX Chicagoland Tinley Park, IL – April 22-23, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.