This week we welcome a certified Success Principles Trainer, Brian Davis to sit on the same side of the table with our very own Success Principles Trainer, Aaron Montgomery. Terry is going to be interviewing them about their project where they are creating the flight plan for ultimate success. We will discuss the 15 fundamentals and what it takes to be on the right path to success.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- COLDESI JOINS FORCES WITH MESA SUPPLIES – Two names in the commercial embroidery and apparel printing equipment world have announced they’re joining forces with Coldesi Inc. acquiring Mesa Supplies. Several decades ago, Mesa Supplies Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas, and ColDesi Inc. of Tampa, Florida, sold embroidery machines as SWF West and SWF East. Both companies renamed and grew over the years, adding direct-to-garment printers, white toner printers, rhinestone transfer machines, and expanding their respective e-commerce stores. Now the two will work together. ColDesi has expanded in recent years with the addition of Pantograms in 2017, Belquette in 2018, and BestBlanks.com in 2020.
- EDMONTON MAN SETS RECORD FOR MOST T-SHIRTS WORN DURING A HALF MARATHON – Did you know there is a record for most T-shirts worn for a half marathon? There is, and it was recently broken by David Eliuk at Edmonton’s Hypothermic Half Marathon on Feb. 20. Eliuk wore 90 T-shirts on his body for the 13.1-mile race, shattering the previous record of 76, according to a report on Canadian Running. And if that wasn’t enough, he also laid down a respectable time of 2:37:54, though when it comes to T-shirt wearing records, time does not matter as long as the course is completed.
Dad Joke: Why can’t a cow understand what you are saying.
Because it goes in one ear and out the udder.
High Flying Success
Terry: The regulators know Aaron, and have been hearing about his journey with the Success Principles, but Brian, can you share your story and how you came to be teamed up with Aaron?
Brian: A Set-back is a Setup for a Comeback…How I got my MOJO back.
Terry: As Aaron mentioned in the intro you guys are working on a half-day workshop called the FUNdamentals of High Flying Success. Where did this come from?
Aaron: Meet in a program called Virtual Skills Bootcamp and are part mastermind group with other VSB Graduates. Back in early December Brian and I and the other 3 Mastermind members did a really cool presentation called Mastering 2022. If people want to check it out they can find it at http://successkeys.cc/ – This to us seemed like a potential next step. Some of the other Mastermind Members are working on their own program as part of the next level certification so it is all really nice synergy and allows us to create and share together.
Aaron: Explain FUNdamentals
Terry: Why might a garment or product decorator care about this for their business?
Brian: How I do anything is how I do everything….It’s an Inside job 😉
Aaron: These principles are the roadmap, or the flight plan when you have an aviation guy like Brian. So while they might seem a bit woo-woo in concept, in practice, these are all the tools you need to be successful. Without having this framework, it doesn’t matter how good of a screen printer you are, how great your digitizer is, or even what you know about Facebook marketing. Success has been proven to follow this formula, and why not make it part of your daily habits to make getting there faster?
Terry: So what are the FUNdamentals of High Flying Success?
Brian: (3 Section – Ready, Aim, Fire) – Why?
Terry: Can you share more about what being Ready for success is?
Brian: Ready…… Cleaning UP, Clearing out SPACE for room to grow….before creating a new Plan. Retooling.
Aaron: Now I don’t have much other perspectives as I live and breathe garment and product decorating, but it seems like especially in Facebook Groups we are great at complaining and commiserating. And it at times seems like a competition. Who has it worse. But when you make yourself ready for success, you drop out of the Ain’t It Awful Club and you find the solution people, you have the best year ever in the middle of a pandemic, you surround yourself with what you need. You earn trust (Agreements) – You build Self Trust (Messes)
Terry: And what specifically does it mean to Aim for success?
Brian: Aim…..Create your plan, Ideals, Vision, Mission, Goals, Actions, Affirmations, the Roadmap to go from where you are to where you want to be. Using proven tips, techniques, the Tools that are the FUN-damentals, the Foundational Tools that help build the new Tools. And then Aaron will show you how to stay on course with Proven actionables. How to Use new Action Tools, power tools, strategies.
Terry: Last but not least Fire? What strategies does that include?
Aaron: All about taking action. No matter how much you learn, how much you know, or what resources you have around you, none of it matters one bit until you take action. Until you start moving forward you can’t create any lift under your wings. So we need to address what is holding us back from action, like fear. We need to figure out how to take action in the face of fear. And then we need to be able to tune or make course corrections after taking the action so each time our actions get better. So we need to ask, and also need to listen for feedback. Finally, surround yourself with a Mastermind – Something I’m going to be talking about more tomorrow on Small Business Saturdays over at www.liveosg.com. Two or more brains working together to create more than just the sum of its parts.
Terry: Where can people learn more?
Aaron: The FUNdamentals for High Flying Success – Your guide to be ready for success, aim towards your life purpose, and take positive actions daily. – Sign up to be the first to know and grab your seat for this limited event. Plus we have a FREE Affirmations Guide for you at Highflyingsuccess.com
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to do When Feeling Overwhelmed
From Aaron Montgomery, Our Success Group
- Switch it up. Go to a different room or step outside
- Find at least one thing, ANYTHING, you are grateful for.
- Ask for help from a trusted source.
- Ask yourself; What is the one extremely simple thing I can do RIGHT NOW?
- Take ACTION! Build Moment to Overcome
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting March 5-6, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ starting May 21-22, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 10-12, 2022
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 24-26, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Denver, CO – April 14-15, 2022
- DAX Chicagoland Tinley Park, IL – April 22-23, 2022
- Digitizing your First Design – Finding your Foundations – Erich Campbell – April 21, 2022
- Into Cyberspace: Your NEW On-line Customer Center – Aaron Montgomery – April 22, 2022
- Specialty Inks and How to Use Them Properly – Terry Combs – April 22, 2022
- Why is Getting Started in DTG Printing So Confusing? – Terry Combs – April 22, 2022
- Design Editing and Alterations – Erich Campbell – April 22, 2022
- 3 Pricing Strategies to Avoid (And what to do instead…) – Aaron Montgomery – April 23, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Chattanooga, TN – April 28-30, 2022
- Friday, April 29th – 3 Pricing Strategies to Avoid (And what to do instead…) – Aaron Montgomery
Friday, April 29th – Business Owner Mindset – Believe is possible, overcome fear and take action. – Kylene and Aaron Montgomery
Friday, April 29th – What is Work-Life Balance? Myth, dream or Possibility? – Kylene Montgomery
Saturday, April 30th – Being Customer-Centric is the Only Way to REAL Profits – Aaron Montgomery
Saturday, April 30th – Keys to Successful Business Planning – Aaron Montgomery
- Friday, April 29th – 3 Pricing Strategies to Avoid (And what to do instead…) – Aaron Montgomery
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 2-4, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NL – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.