Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast where Aaron and Terry are coming to you live from DAX Chicagoland and that chat with Rob Coleman about the Future of Apparel Printing Inks.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
Future of Apparel Printing Inks
- Tell us a little about your role with Nazdar and what is Nazdar’s specialty in our industry?
- What does the future of apparel inks look like? Where is our industry headed?
- With the move to PVC free inks, what challenges do printers need to be thinking about and how can they overcome those challenges?
- What does sustainability look like in the ink world?
- Why should I be concerned about these PVC initiatives you mention?
- White inks for apparel printing. Seems like there’s always a “white du jour”. What is your take on this and why so many whites?
- What about ink matching systems? Why should a printer look at these if they primarily just use ready-for-use-inks off the shelf? What are the pro’s and con’s of the different type of systems?
About Rob Coleman – is Segment Marketing Manager at Nazdar SourceOne. Rob has been in the textile screen print industry for 27 years. He was hired by Joe Clarke at Wilflex in 1987 and spent 25 years with the ink manufacturer working in sales, applications, and product management. In the last few years with Wilflex, Rob was the Sales Manager for the Americas, and also was the Key Account Manager for their largest global distributor – Nazdar SourceOne. In June of 2012, he left Wilflex to join Nazdar SourceOne as their Textile Ink Market Segment Manager.
- DAX Chicago – April 25th – 26th
- ISA Sign Expo Orlando – March 24th – 26th
- Sign Serigrafia (Brazil) – May 6th – 9th
- ISS Nashville – May 8th – 10th
- PPAI Expo East (Atlantic City) – May 19th – 21st
- NBM Indianapolis – June 12th – 14th
- ASI Chicago – July 15th – 17th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – May 17-18, 2014
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – May 23rd
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – May 31-June 1, 2014
Terry’s Book – Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,695. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.