Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We welcome back industry veteran, Mark Coudray to discuss the changes that continue to happen in our industry and to find out his thoughts on what is working now. As our industry changes and evolves we must also, and Mark give his insights on why some things are working (See Custom Ink) and why some things are failing (see Spreadshirt). We are also on the eve of SGIA coming next week, so we will be sharing some last minute tips and information from the staff at SGIA.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org | 2017 SGIA Expo in New Orleans – Oct 10-12
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
SGIA Expo Last Minute Information
There is an App For that!
The 2017 SGIA Expo App, sponsored by Grimco, is available for both android and apple devices
Still FREE Passes Available
Simply visit the list of Exhibitors online at SGIAExpo.org!
Network at the Reception
Don’t miss the SGIA Welcome Reception, Sponsored by SAi in the Golden Image Gallery on Tuesday from 5-6pm
Check Out the Products of the Year
Make these a muststops on your agenda.
Buy a Shirt
Purchase your official SGIA Expo t-shirt for $5 in the lobby. All proceeds will go to lowernine.org, an organization dedicated to rebuilding the Lower Ninth Ward, which was devastated by Hurricane Katrina.
Post your favorite Expo photos with the #SGIAExpo hashtag to participate in a live mosaic in the SGIA booth – stop by 2245 to check it out and pick up copies of your photos.
There is a FREE Lunch!
Garment Decorators Luncheon – Wednesday Noon to 2PM
Garment Decorators Track
The Largest Printing Trade Show in North America. Period. – Good shoes, rest and hydrate -identify technologies and opportunities on the periphery of their core. For instance, you’re doing dye-sub garment printing – what other areas can you access using the same equipment and materials (e.g. soft signage).
What is Working Now with Mark Coudray
- Mark, we first talked with you on the show a couple of years ago about your project Catalyst Plan. Tell us about the program.
- On our last show, you talked about disruptions in the industry. Tell our listeners what that means, and what it’s going to mean to them.
- How does the decorator on the corner compete in this new world?
- Both of us started our careers in screen printing. I talk to too many screen printers who say, “You can’t make money in DTG,” as if they can only see the world through their screen printer’s glasses. Do you encounter this “clinging to the past?”
- Consolidation is the name of the game today. Are we going to have one garment supplier, one ink supplier, even one equipment manufacturer in the future?
- I was a longtime plastisol printer and an occasional water base guy, but today I hear Virus, Virus, Virus. Are they, in fact, the new rock stars of garment printing?
Mark Coudray is a respected and well-known industry pioneer, innovator, and strategist. His works have been published in more than 500 papers, columns, features, and articles in every major graphics publication in the US and abroad in addition to hundreds of blog and forum posts. He is a regular contributor to Impressions Magazine. Mark has been an active member of the Academy of Screen and Digital Printing Technologies since 1989.
- SGIA Seminars – Getting Smart with Some Simple Marketing Strategies and Demystifying Wide Format Sublimation and Cut and Sew Production – October 12
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course –Workhorse Products – Nov 4-5
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – Nov 11-12
- SGIA (Specialty Graphic Imaging Association) – Oct 10 – 12
- NBM Charlotte – Oct 26 – 28
- ThreadX powered by SGIA – Palm Springs, CA – Feb 25-27, 2018
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
Aaron’s New Company
- Offering products as a single item instead of forcing cases on you.
- Changing shipping standards.
- Offering unique products from limited manufacturing partners
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.