Jessica Tillery and Brandi Schieber join the 2 Regular Guys this week for our quarterly installment of Women in Garment Decorating. Both of these decorators are heavily involved in their respective communities. We’ll be discussing the benefits and the challenges of going beyond the day-to-day job of running a business and adding community participation to the mix. Plus, we will talk to them about the work-life balance and how they keep up such amazing businesses while being mothers. These two rockstars have it figured out and will share how they do it!
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Aaron has been working hard on getting some info on Printing United, but Josh is a hard nut to crack. We will get him on soon and make him spill some beans. But I’ll say this: as partners & exhibitors. We get sneak peeks at what PRINTING United is planning. It is going to be cool, so stay tuned.
Dad Joke: (From Aaron’s Dad, so it’s a double Dad joke? Beware!)
Do you think that corduroy pillowcases will make headlines?
Give Back to their Communities
Aaron: I’d like to welcome into the show today’s Women in Garment Decorating
Jessica Tillery is the Founder of All Quality Graphics, a custom merchandising company in Northern California. She is also the founder of The Love Unstoppable Movement, L.U.M., a love and faith-based passion project, created to make an environmental, humanitarian, spiritual and charitable impact. Jessica prides herself on stellar company culture and a tight-knit, cohesive team that is fueled by integrity and tenacity, and committed to making an impact. Outside of work, her hobbies include traveling, wakesurfing, snowboarding, playing soccer, working out, reading and spending quality time with friends and family; especially her partner and super rad 6 year old daughter. Her mantra is: Love God, Love People, Love Life, Love is Unstoppable!
Brandi Schieber Brandi was born and raised on a farm and ranch in the Kremlin-Hillsdale area. She graduated from Northwestern Oklahoma State University and earned her degree in Ag-business with minor in animal science. Brandi returned home to the family farm to raise her 3 girls with husband Russell. Brandi and her husband have a passion for entrepreneurship. They founded Schieber’s Donuts & Deli in Enid and operated it 7 years before selling it to pursue other dreams. During that time, she also owned/founded an insurance agency where she sold home, auto, commercial, life, and crop insurance to better serve the local community. In June of 2018 they purchased Downtown Threads, a local embroidery, screen-printing, and promotional product shop. She has since sold her insurance agency and operates Downtown Threads full time. She and her husband are also part owners of BRCK Land & Cattle where they run 400 cows and 1100 yearling steers/heifers. In 2018, Brandi was recognized by Enid Young Professionals as top 10 under 40. Brandi is a current member of Leadership Oklahoma, United Way of NW Oklahoma Board of Directors, Enid noon Ambucs, Enid Rotary, RSVP executive board, and Chairman of Parish council at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. Brandi enjoys cooking/baking, fishing and hunting, going to her girl’s activities and entertaining friends.
Aaron: Tell our listeners a little about yourself and your business. What led you to garment decorating?
Aaron: Brandi – Last week we shared a news article we saw that was about one Mr. Taublieb and him coming to your shop with a scented T-Shirt. Tells us more about that shirt and your time with Charlie.
Aaron: As we were preparing for this discussion, we noticed that you both are very involved in your local communities, especially in giving back. Talk to us about why that is important to you?
Aaron: With all of the involvement in both running your business for profit and the altruistic side you both have, what are some of the biggest challenges you have to overcome? How do you navigate not giving it all away?
Aaron: How does that connection with your communities help your businesses thrive? How can other decorators emulate you?
Aaron: Based on what I’m hearing, you both have just given up sleeping. I know you are both Mom’s too, and probably a 100 other incredible responsibilities you juggle? Help us understand how you do it? For us mortals, what is the secret?
Aaron: You are both 2021 Women in Screen Print Award Winners. Congratulations and well deserved. I’d love to know what that award means to you personally.
Aaron: Lets talk passion projects. Being able to give back not only to our communities, but also to others in our industry and more broadly, what gets you excited?
The Love Unstoppable Movement is a faith based quarterly t-shirt subscription. We print powerful designs on our premium Allmade tri-blend tees made out of 6 plastic bottles, sewn in Honduras for fair living wages, decorated in the good ol USA and sent straight to your doorstep. This shirt gives back in so many ways!
Aaron: Tell us where people can connect with you?
Aaron: Closing question – If a young lady who is brand new to our industry came to you in a rush and said, “I have 2 minutes before I have to run, but what is the #1 piece of advice you have for me,” how would you answer her?
Facebook Live Video
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest. https://www.2regularguys.com/5things/
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ starting July 30-31, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting September 17-18, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.