Getting Organized with Bruce Ackerman
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:34 — 54.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Bruce Ackerman is the Founder of Printavo, a business he started in 2012 after growing a screen-printing shop in Champaign, IL. We are going to talk to Bruce today about how to get your shop organized so you are more efficient and profitable. We will discuss workflow, what has changed in the business software world since 2012 and where it is heading. Put your business ahead of the competition with the tips and trick Bruce is going to share with us this week.
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Aaron: We heard a little bit in the intro, but can you take us back to 2012, give us the origin story and what you felt was missing from the software available at the time.
Aaron: Let’s start with branding. You recently had a sit down with Tom Davenport of Motion Textile. Can you give a recap of that and your take on branding?
Aaron: Back at ISS Long Beach in January you and Stevan from Campus Ink taught a class about how to simplify your workflow. For those of us that missed it, can you give us the highlights and what you hoped people took away from it?
Aaron: When it comes to organization in print shops, what is the most common failure point? Your tribe is called the Print Hustlers, what are they working on to be one more organized?
Aaron: Since the inception of Printavo in 2012 what changed about your philosophy when it comes to organization?
Aaron: Merch has become a real buzz word in our industry lately, and you guys have a tool called Printavo Merch. Tell us about that and just the Merch space in general.
Aaron: I mentioned the tribe of Print Hustlers, tell us about the conference in July.
Aaron: What is one piece of advice you can leave our listeners with that they can take and implement today to be more organized?
Aaron: Where can people find you and learn more about Printavo?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday. Plus check out the Podcast version at http://smallbusinesssaturdayspodcast.com
- Friday, April 5th – DAX Minnesota – The Digitizing Difference: Foam, Gradients, and Performancewear
- April 5th – 12:30 PM DAX Minnesota – Developing a Business Plan
- April 5th – 2:20 PM DAX Minnesota – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits
- Saturday, Apr 6th – DAX Minnesota – Patch Making for Fun and Profit
- Phoenix with WorkHorse Products on April 27-28
- Chicago with Atlas Screen Supply on June 22-23
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- DAX Minnesota – April 5-6, 2019
- ISA SignExpo – April 24-26, 2019
- DAX Chicago – May 3-4, 2019
- NBM Milwaukee – May 17-18, 2019
- ISS Houston – June 6-8, 2019
- ASI Chicago – July 10-11, 2019
- NBM Meadowlands – July 25-26, 2019
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.