Getting the Right Color with DTG & Sublimation
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:13:29 — 59.5MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:13:29 — 59.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Using Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black to make the exact right color is not always an easy task. There are many factors to consider. This Friday Ray Weiss from Printing United and Jim Raffel from ColorCasters and ColorMetrix Technologies will be joining the 2 Regular Guys to talk color management for DTG and Sublimation.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Dad Joke: What is a sea monster’s favorite meal?
Fish & Ships
Getting the Right Color with DTG & Sublimation
Aaron: Ray Weiss is Director of Digital Print Programs for PRINTING United Alliance, and joined the Association in 2014. He oversees training and certification workshops at PRINTING United Alliance. Ray is project manager for both the PDAA Certification program and the PRINTING United Alliance Digital Color Professional Certification program and is an instructor for the Color Management Boot Camps.
Terry: Jim Raffel is a color management consultant who also serves as CEO of ColorCasters, LLC and ColorMetrix Technologies LLC. As a veteran of the printing industry and a graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology’s acclaimed printing management program, in 1995 he formed ColorMetrix to bring an idea he had to make color measurement and evaluation easier by creating easy-to-use software solutions. Jim also co-hosts the weekly DyeSubCast with new episodes released each Friday. Learn more at DyeSubCast.com
Aaron: Ray – start us off with sharing why color management is so important to decorators? Why not just push print and hope for the best?
Terry: Jim – You have made a career out of color management with ColorMetrix and ColorCasters. Where are you seeing people struggle the most?
Aaron: Let’s start from the beginning. How much color management control stems from the art preparation?
Terry: Will the chosen art program impact this? We have Photoshop users, Corel, Illustrator.
Aaron: How important is a good RIP software program in managing color?
Terry: What are the challenges to color profiling when it comes to DTG and Sublimation printing?
GÖSTA KARLSSON What is the best light inside to get the best color?
Aaron: Are there some tricks of the trade-in finding just the right color match?
Shandy Lindley Where can we find the instructions for all of these great suggestions?
Terry: Anything to add that we didn’t cover?
Aaron: How can our listeners find each of you?
Website: https://ColorCasters.com or Https://DyeSubCast.com
Facebook Live Video
5 Ways to Combat Virtual Fatigue
- Focus on the Relationships
- Focus on our “Why”
- Talk to ONLY One Person
- Get Physical Products in Peoples Hands
- Be Unique
Brought to you by Aaron Montgomery
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
Reach out to us at email@example.com, Contact Us or at our Facebook Page.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting April 17-18
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron\’s Online Video Series \”Small Business Saturdays\” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Half with Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery – 30 Minute Q&A – Friday\’s At 11:30 AM Central
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday\’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021– Cancelled
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
Our Success Group – Business Training, Consulting, and Support – Use the code 2rg to save on Monthly or Annual Membership plans.
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.