Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast where Aaron and Terry talk to Marci Kinter from SGIA about Private Labeling Garments and other government regulations. This is an eye-opening episode that will help keep you out of jail!
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
Private Label and other Regulations with Marci Kinter
- Describe your role with SGIA and what types of things you have been involved with and how that helps the SGIA members out there.
- What does a garment printer need to know before starting to private label garments?
- If someone is found to not be in compliance with these regulations, what kind of penalty might be expected?
- Can you also tell our listeners what they should be aware of when it comes to some of the new requirements around inks?
- What items need to be CPSIA compliant. Also tell us who specifically is responsible for being compliant.
- What do decorators do that are working with overseas vendors who don’t have CPSIA compliance? Do they need to avoid those vendors?
About Marci Kinter – Vice President for Government & Business Information for the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association International. Ms. Kinter oversees the development of management resources for the Association and represents the screen printing and digital imaging industries, as well as their associated supplier base, before federal and state regulatory agencies and the U.S. Congress on environmental, safety and other government issues directly impacting the screen printing and graphic imaging industries. She is responsible for directing the activities of not only the government affairs part of the Association’s activities, but the development and implementation of business resources for the membership. Email – [email protected]
- DAX Chicago – April 25th – 26th
- ISA Sign Expo Orlando – March 24th – 26th
- Sign Serigrafia (Brazil) – May 6th – 9th
- ISS Nashville – May 8th – 10th
- PPAI Expo East (Atlantic City) – May 19th – 21st
- NBM Indianapolis – June 12th – 14th
- ASI Chicago – July 15th – 17th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – May 17-18, 2014
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – May 23rd
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – May 31-June 1, 2014
Terry’s Book – Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,695. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.