Helping Students and Creating a Stream of Future Employees
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:02:51 — 61.4MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. This Friday we’ll have a conversation about ways to help high school and community college students learn a trade in the decorating industry, and help ourselves to build a stream of future employees. We will have a recap of the recent SkillsUSA competition and a great discussion about continuing to grow our industry together. We talk about lots of great ways to grow by helping students.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Bertram Capital Announces Sale of Rowmark to Windjammer Capital Investors – Bertram Capital announces the sale of EXT Acquisitions Inc., the parent company of Rowmark and affiliated companies, to Windjammer Capital Investors. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. According to Rowmark officials, the sale of the company was completed on June 26.
Teespring Teams Up with YouTube for Apparel Merchandising. Teespring, a platform for custom merchandise creation and purchase, announces an integration with YouTube. Through the agreement, YouTube content creators advertise Teespring merchandise directly below their videos. This is a play to compete with Amazon Merch for both Google and Teespring.
- What is an internship program?
- This isn’t free labor!
- What’s your commitment to this?
- Fresh ideas for your business as well.
Summer or Break Positions for students
- Manual labor projects you’ve been putting off or understaffed to accomplish
- Projects where a student may have more knowledge such as building a social media program.
- Opportunity to build their art portfolio or management resume
- High schools with programs preparing students for trades.
- People who need to change careers.
- What’s your commitment to this?
Shifts that cater to students, moms or dads working around school hours, second job opportunities. Also, work from home.
Get Involved with the Local SkillsUSA, Your Local High School, Technical Colleges or other programs like DECA
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning
- Erichcampbell.com – Printwear Magazine in the states or Images Magazine if you happen to be in the UK.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – July 21-22
- Operation Sublimation, Mission: Wide-Format Graphics – Mimaki USA in Suwanee, GA – August 14-16
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – Aug. 18-19
- Screen Print Master Class: Stepping Up to the Next Level – Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 25-26
- ASI Chicago – July 25-26, 2018
- NBM Long Beach, CA – August 2-4, 2018
- NNEP Nashville – August 17-18, 2018
- NBM Secaucus, NJ – August 24-25, 2018
- ISS Orlando – September 6-8, 2018
- NBM Indianapolis – September 13-15, 2018
- ISS Ft. Worth, TX – September 27-29, 2018
- SGIA Expo – Las Vegas, NV – October 18-20, 2018
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.