Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Join us as Aaron and Terry discuss the many ways that decorators learn their craft and learn about how to do business in the industry. Special guests, Marshall Atkinson and Tom Rauen discuss their upcoming ShirtLab event, followed by a round-robin discussion of education styles and the benefits they bring to decorators, joined by producer Erich Campbell. Listen in to find the best ways to learn and improve with the 2 Regular Guys!
Sponsored by: SGIA.org
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Private Equity Firm Recapitalizes Next Level Apparel – Next Level announced Monday that it’s been recapitalized by Blue Point Capital Partners, a private equity firm. “Blue Point knows the apparel sector extremely well and we’re excited for what’s to come in our partnership,” said Joe Simsolo, founder, and CEO of Next Level. “Blue Point’s strategic approach and resources will help further develop and diversify our ability to provide quality, fashionable apparel to our customers.”
How the Industry Learns
Aaron: Let’s welcome in a couple friends of the show, Marshall Atkinson and Tom Rauen; they have a new educational venture centered around teaching decorators what they need to improve their sales and marketing efforts. Welcome to the show, Marshall and Tom!
I’m sure that the listeners know you both and your reputations for industry success and teaching, but what is this new collaboration? Tell us about Shirt Lab and your upcoming Columbus event? What is it, and why should decorators attend?
Terry: It looks like a great lineup of instructors committed to your first event. Give us a quick rundown of who you have on deck and what you expect them to bring to attendees?
Aaron: It sounds like an interesting event; do you have other events coming up from ShirtLab?
Terry: Thanks for coming on the show! Where can the audience find you and the rest of your ShirtLab content?
Industry Education Round-Table
Aaron: With that, let’s bring in our producer and resident embroidery aficionado, Erich Campbell- Welcome back, Erich!
Erich: Glad to be back, especially with a topic I am so passionate about. It’s great to see folks like Marshall and Tom expanding industry education with these targeted, regional events. It just adds to the available ways decorators can get access to important information. On that note, I know you two have extensive experience educating decorators and I’ve done a bit of teaching myself; I’d love to hear what you guys think about the different kinds of education available for the decorators in our audience; I’ll throw out an education style and let’s all give our takes on what decorators can expect and what we think about each type.
Direct Brand Education
Trade Show Seminars
Direct Online Training
Social Media and Community Groups
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – Aug. 18-19
- Screen Print Master Class: Stepping Up to the Next Level – Phoenix, AZ – Aug. 25-26
- September 13 & 15 – NNEP Embroidery and Digitizing Conference in Indianapolis
- October 17th. 1 PM to 4:30 PM The Day Before SGIA – Essential Small Business Strategies – Marketing Your Business Online
- Friday, October 19th 10:30 am – Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing
- Saturday, October 27th – Shirt Lab Pro – Columbus, OH
- NNEP Nashville – August 17-18, 2018
- NBM Secaucus, NJ – August 24-25, 2018
- ISS Orlando – September 6-8, 2018
- NBM Indianapolis – September 13-15, 2018
- ISS Ft. Worth, TX – September 27-29, 2018
- SGIA Expo – Las Vegas, NV – October 18-20, 2018
- NBM Charlotte, NC – November 2-3, 2018
- ASI Orlando – January 3-5, 2019
- PPAI Expo – January 13-17, 2019
- ISS Long Beach – January 18-20, 2019
- NBM Phoenix – February 1-2, 2019
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
SubliSource – Sublimation just got easier with the launch of sublisource.com, the new US distributor for Best Sublimation. Our mission is to help our partners grow with a different way of doing business compared to all the “Me too” distributors in the United States.
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.