This Friday the 2 Regular Guys will welcome Adrienne Palmer, the Editor of Screen Printing Magazine. We’ll be talking about trends in the garment decorating industry, social media marketing, podcasts, mentorship, and more. Join the conversation to learn more about what Adrienne is seeing out in the world of garment decorating as she leads Screen Printing Magazine.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Dad Joke: What’s the best thing about Switzerland?
I don’t know but the flag is a big plus!
Thanks to Lexi from Joe Ortinau’s production staff
Industry Trends, Social Media and More with Adrienne Palmer
Terry: Adrienne Palmer is the editor-in-chief of Screen Printing and Big Picture magazines. She joined Big Picture magazine in 2012 after graduating from Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism with a BA in magazine journalism. During her time with Big Picture, she has held the roles of assistant editor, associate editor, and managing editor; she added sister publication Screen Printing magazine to her resume in 2019. She is a 2019 Folio: Top Woman in Media; spearheads Big Picture’s annual Women in Wide Format Awards and Best of Wide Format Awards as well as Screen Printing’s annual Rising Stars Awards, Women in Screen Printing Awards, and The Mentorship Project; is on the board of Printing United Alliance’s Women in Print Alliance; hosts Screen Saver, Screen Printing magazine’s podcast; and represents the Big Picture and Screen Printing teams at numerous industry events year-round as a speaker, moderator, and panelist… and guest on 2 Regular Guys.
Aaron: Adrienne, we love talking podcasts let’s start there. Tell us about your new podcast.
Terry: Last week we shared a press release talking about your new Mentorship Program. What’s that all about? (How can our listeners participate?)
Aaron: Let’s spend some time talking about trends in the apparel decorating during Covid.
What are your thoughts about online selling?
Terry: The magazine title is Screen Printing, but I’ve heard you talk about DTG printing’s place in this new world.
Aaron: I know Screen Printing does surveying in the industry. What are you seeing as the apparel trends through this research?
Terry: Let’s take a slight shift to promoting your business through social media. This was growing fast before Covid. Talk to us about this type of promotion today.
Aaron: Adrienne, how can our listeners find you and Screen Printing magazine?
Facebook Live Video
5 Things That Will Be Permanent after COVID-19
Things We Discovered That Worked Better
- Working from home either full time or part time will be the norm
- Online sales will continue to grow as all or part of your sales effort
- Social media marketing will continue to grow as all or part of your marketing effort
- Going forward you will likely know fewer and fewer of your customers face to face, so you’ll have to build relationships in other ways
- After paring down staff during COVID, jobbing out some of these same positions (accounting, art, marketing, etc.) will be more common
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting April 17-18
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Half with Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery – 30 Minute Q&A – Friday’s At 11:30 AM Central
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021– Cancelled
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.