Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast discussion with Marshall Atkinson about some of the biggest issues in on industry that you might be facing, and some answers about how to solve those issues. It was a great discuss and we even get a bonus spreadsheet from Marshall that everyone can use.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
Biggest Issues in the Apparel Industry
The inspiration of this show was Marshall’s Blog Post from February 1st, 2014 titled “5 Biggest Issues in the Decorated Apparel Industry Today”.
Can you tell us your #1 piece of advice you give with regards to staffing in our industry?
What are the best places to hire people since we have such a specialized industry? Also what things are important when trying to hire?
Talk to us about cross training and what your thoughts are about that? Is it worthwhile and why?
What is the best way to get more customers ordering from you? What is the key element people should be focusing on there?
So how does social media fit into all of this and how can that be used to generate new business?
Talk to us about sustainability and some of the things you are involved with on sustainability.
What is your number one biggest issue related to garments and why?
What are some other issues we as garment decorators face that didn’t make your top 5 list that we have discussed?
Marshall’s Bio: Marshall Atkinson is the Chief Operating Officer of Visual Impressions Inc., and Ink to the People, Milwaukee, WI. A frequent article & information contributor to Impressions, Wearables & Stitches magazines, Marshall lectures on sustainability at ISS trade shows, and has participated in many industry webinar panel discussions. He is on the Board of Directors for the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), and serves on three SGIA Committees as well. You can follow him on Twitter @atkinsontshirt or his blog.
- DAX Kansas City – February 28th – March 1st
- NBM Arlington, TX – March 6th – 8th
- ASI Long Beach – March 25th – 27th
- ISS Atlantic City, NJ – March 14th – 16th
- Aaron’s Seminar
- March 15th (1PM to 2:30PM) Better Understand Your Customers with the Power of Social Media
- Terry’s Seminars
- March 14th (1PM to 2:30PM) Secrets to Starting a Direct-to-Garment Business
- March 16th (10:30AM to Noon) The Business of Screen Printing: Beyond Pulling the Squeegee
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – March 22-23, 2014
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – May 17-18, 2014
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – April 4th
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,295. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.