Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast discussion with Rich Foltz about wide format sublimation. Get all the info you need to get into wide format sublimation including an interview with Catalina Frank of Epson America about their new sublimation solution.
Sponsored by: Equipment Zone (Use Coupon code GUYS)
Large Format Sublimation with Rich Foltz
- Tell us a little more about your journey in the sublimation marketplace.
- Some of the main reasons why people should be looking at a wide format printer.
- What kind of volume would a printer commonly have to bring large format sublimation in-house?
- Tell us a bit about the costs involved with getting started with wide format printing?
- What other products do you see out in large format operations besides cut and sew apparel?
- What are some of the most common questions you answer when someone is asking you about getting into wide format printing?
- What are some of the biggest mistake you see people make with wide format equipment?
- What are some of the options that people have when it comes to wide format printers?
- Talk to us a bit about the heat presses used in wide format printing. Do I have to have a big press? Also, can you explain the difference between the types of presses available to customers?
- What about the inks that are available on the market place today? What should I be getting and why?
- Tell us a little about color profiling, what that means and why that is important.
Rich’s Bio: He became involved in the dye sublimation business in 2001 when he began to run a company called US Sublimation. He then moved to Tropical Graphics in 2003 as a Director of Sales and that company includes the services of this gentleman was acquired by Sawgrass Technologies in 2005. He was tagged as the Director of Sales for the ArTainium dealer channel and managed the wide format direct sales division. In 2007 became the Technical Manager for the Wide Format division of Sawgrass until 2009.
- DAX Kansas City – February 28th – March 1st
- NBM Arlington, TX – March 6th – 8th
- ASI Long Beach – March 25th – 27th
- ISS Atlantic City, NJ – March 14th – 16th
- Aaron’s Seminar
- March 15th (1PM to 2:30PM) Better Understand Your Customers with the Power of Social Media
- Terry’s Seminars
- March 14th (1PM to 2:30PM) Secrets to Starting a Direct-to-Garment Business
- March 16th (10:30AM to Noon) The Business of Screen Printing: Beyond Pulling the Squeegee
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – April 4th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – March 22-23, 2014
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – May 17-18, 2014
This show is brought to you for a full hour by: Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Introductory price is $3,295. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.