Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. We welcome in a young industry leader who has been a major player in the screen printing world. Nathan Leber joins us for a full ranging discussion about the changes in the industry, what leadership is all about, employee engagement and finding good employees. Nathan, Terry and Discuss the upcoming ThreadX event and just what we would like to see from our industry. We have a blast and talk about ideas and ways of doing things that can help your screen printing shop today.
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Leadership and Culture in the Workshop
Terry: We often talk about people entering this industry and never leaving. Tell us about your personal journey in garment decorating.
Aaron: We’ve been discussing a fast-changing decorating environment over the past couple of years. What industry changes are you seeing? (Customers asking for shorter runs, etc.)
Terry: I had that same old conversation yesterday with some screen printing production folks, “How do you find good employees?” I know you have some strong opinions on this.
Aaron: Management issues are a big part of our show. Talk to us about leadership on your own production floor.
Terry: Another hot topic is culture. How do you build a culture in your shop, and how do our listeners duplicate that in their own shops.
Aaron: You mentioned to us that you’ll be at ThreadX in San Diego in a few days. What are you hoping to learn and achieve there?
Nathan Leber owns Leber Design & Print that specializes in high end print-ready artwork, small print runs for local fashion lines, and helping out other shops with growing their leadership and helping solve workflow and technique issues.
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning at 11:30 AM EST | 8:30 AM PST
- February 16-17, 2019 – Complete Screen Printing Business Course (Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago)
- February 22, 2019 – Developing a Business Plan (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Put Your New Screen Printing Business on a Path to Success! (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – The DTG Process & Finding the Perfect Niche Market (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – The Digitizing Difference: Foam, Gradients, and Performancewear (DAX Kansas City)
- February 23, 2019 – Patch Making for Fun and Profit (DAX Kansas City)
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- APA Las Vegas – February 12-15, 2019
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 17-19, 2019
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2019
- IPIC Las Vegas – March 4-5,2019
- ISS Atlantic City – March 21-23, 2019
- NBM – Irving, TX – March 28-30, 2019
- DAX Minnesota – April 5-6, 2019
- ISA SignExpo – April 24-26, 2019
- DAX Chicago – May 3-4, 2019
- NBM Milwaukee – May 17-18, 2019
- ISS Houston – June 6-8, 2019
- ASI Chicago – July 10-11, 2019
- NBM Meadowlands – July 25-26, 2019
Please support our sponsors!
Impressions Expo – Use the Promo Code RegularGuysIE for a FREE Expo Pass!
Printavo – Printavo has a free trial and demo which you can sign up for at their website
Award-Winning Custom Transfers For the Garment Industry – AceTransCo.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.