Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Aaron and Terry talked to Ryan Moor, CEO of Ryonet. He has recently published the book, Made to Make It: A Guide to Business Success in Screen Printing. Ryan will be sharing his thoughts on formulating your business concept to buying equipment, from optimizing the process to planning for your business future.
Sponsored by: SGIA.org | 2017 SGIA Expo in New Orleans – Oct 10-12
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Made to Make It with Ryan Moor
- Share with our listeners a little bit about your own start in the industry. How did you learn to pull a squeegee in your garage?
- Your new book is Made to Make It: A Guide to Business Success in Screen Printing. Sounds as if we’re not talking screens and inks.
- So this is more than a book, it’s interactive education. I know that because I have a signed copy. Tell us about that.
- Where does the reader (or our listener) start with the process?
- Part 2 of the book is entitled Developing Your Customer. I love the idea of this. Talk about the concept.
- VeeAtCentralianShop: What surprised him as he talked with printers around the country for this book
- VeeAtCentralianShop: What is the number 1 mistake screen printers make (on the business side)?
- Our listeners are always interested in discussions on purchasing equipment and supplies. Let’s spend some time talking about this.
- How large an impact has your online store and the ability of customers to place online orders have on your business?
- You talk about Getting Lean and Optimizing Your Processes. I’d like to have a conversation on that subject.
- We devote whole shows to planning and you wrap up your book with this subject. Share your thoughts on this with our listeners.
- Would you like to give us a quick update on the philanthropic project you told us about back in March?
- Thanks for being on the show and congratulations on your new book. Where can our listeners find your book and Ryonet?
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – Aug 5-6
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – Aug 26-27
- How to Make Money with Digital Decorating – Mind’s Eye Graphics in Northeast Indiana – Oct 6-7
- NBM Long Beach – Jul 20 – 22
- Embroidery Mart – Nashville Aug 4 – 5
- NBM Secaucus – Aug 17 – 19
- ISS Orlando – Sep 7 – 9
- NBM Denver – Sep 8 – 9
- ISS Ft. Worth – Sep 22 – 24
- SGIA (Specialty Graphic Imaging Association) – Oct 10 – 12
- NBM Charlotte – Oct 26 – 28
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
Siser North America’s new and improved website! Just recently Siser NA’s website was updated with a ton of new colors, helpful tools, and fun things to read. Head over to www.siserna.com and check out for yourself. A new great add-on to the site is the “Cutter Settings”. You will be able to get an idea of how you should have your vinyl cutter set up for each Siser material type. Then find out how each Siser product is applied, with the instructions available right there for you. Have you heard about the EasyPatterns™? There is a whole separate tab that will show all the different printed patterns Siser offers. Then while you’re at it, check out the Siser Blog. Get a great scope of all the “out of the box” ideas you can achieve with Siser HTV!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information over at our YouTube Page.