Do you set the expectations for your customers, or do they set the standard for quality, delivery, products? It’s time to take charge of the what, when, where, and why of your customer’s expectations. Plus do it in such a way that they feel good about it all. By getting out front of those expectations, you take away 90% of the issues you will have and make the process for both you and the customer enjoyable. Aaron and Terry will discuss the process together and give you tips, ideas, and resources you can put to work right away.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Our Success Group Releases a New Online Business Growth Training Module Experience – Our Success Group recently announced a brand new resource for small businesses starting their business or ready to grow with a strong foundation of business success principles. The 5 Keys of Business Success – Growing and Launching Online Training. This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos broken down into 5 to 20-minute bite-size crunches that are easy to follow along and take action immediately. The 25 specific detailed modules cover 5 key areas of a business, including knowing all of your numbers, pricing for profit, workflow and organization, delivery and follow-up, plus the marketing foundation! Included in these 5 keys and 25 modules, there are 26 actions steps to take at the end of each module. These action steps are designed to give business owners the tools needed to work on their foundation for success and put this training to work immediately. https://oursuccessgroup.com/5keys/
- Coloreel Secures $8.1M in Private Placement – Coloreel, a Swedish company that offers on-demand thread dyeing technology, raised 70 million SEK (≈ 8.1 million USD) in a private placement to existing and new shareholders. The funding will support the company’s market expansion and growth and initiate expansion into new application areas like sewing.
Dad Joke: Hear about the guy who proposed to his girlfriend at the gym and she said no?
Yeah, that didn’t workout.
Managing Customer Expectations
Aaron: Do you set the expectations for your customers, or do they set the standard for quality, delivery, products? It’s time to take charge of the what, when, where, and why of your customer’s expectations, and for them to feel good about it all.
Terry: Aaron, here’s a pet peeve of mine: “When can I get the shirts?” With a response of, “When do you need them?” That’s not setting expectations.
Aaron: I hear a lot of folks I work with having challenges with customers when it comes to getting artwork, and explaining what they need as print-ready artwork. Any ideas on how to better manage those expectations
Terry: Obviously a big topic is the lack of stock of blank shirts and hats. When everyone has gotten so used to just buying more “on-demand” and the customer just expects they will get the shirt they want. How can companies deal with that?
Aaron: So what happens when the expectations are clear, but something happens. There is an issue where you can no longer meet the expectations of the customer. Then what?
Terry: How can printers best deliver and educate customers on the “expectations?”
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to Take with You to a Trade Show
- Walk in with a written plan of who you want to talk with first, and check them off.
- Take a small notepad… you WILL forget where you saw it or who you talked with.
- Put a pen in your pocket. “Can I borrow your pen?” is a top booth question.
- Bring a water bottle and maybe a snack.
- Bring plenty of your own business cards!
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- 5 Keys of Business Success Growing and Launching – This experience includes over 5 hours of training videos, with 25 specific detailed modules. There are 5 distinct keys with 26 homework assignments to help you take action and put this training to work in your business. You will gain the confidence to grow and launch your business with guardrails to steer you away from catastrophe. All this with email support with less than 24 hour response times from a certified Success Principles Coaching team.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting July 10-11
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 6-7.
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- Club OSG – Live videos and information from After Hours of Tuesday’s With Todd and Small Business Saturdays. Plus 10% off at MontCo.biz and FatDadWholesale.com
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- The Applique Getaway Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Jule 23-25, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.