Nothing is normal in business today, including letting customers know who we are. Whether a new business or a current business, we still need to reach our customers and potential customers… without shaking hands or talking face-to-face. In this week’s 2 Regular Guys podcast, Terry and Aaron will discuss ways to reach out to customers in a lockdown world.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
The DAX Show has announced that the Kansas City show on July 9-10 has been confirmed by the venue.
Let’s Talk About It: Creating a path toward a more diverse and inclusive screen printing industry. Join Adrienne Palmer, editor-in-chief, Screen Printing magazine as she has a conversation with three Black, female screen printing business owners. The discussion will include how to increase diversity in the industry and in your shop, the importance of infusing culture, how can shop owners navigate this dialogue within their companies, and so much more. This a live, virtual event, so bring your questions and comments. Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_6wSB7nZ5Q3iRADNyl16NNQ
Dad Joke: Once, I tried to catch a fog, but I mist. (Courtesy of Renee Townsend)
Marketing a Decorating Business in a Lockdown Environment
Nothing is normal in business today, including letting customers know who we are. Whether a new business or a current business, we still need to reach our customers and potential customers… without shaking hands or talking face-to-face. Let’s talk about ways to reach out to customers in a lockdown world.
Make it easy to buy
- Simply stated: “I’ll take care of everything.”
- Offer fulfillment – You be your customer’s warehouse – drop shipping, special packaging
- Setup your own niche market stores online – people are shopping online more than ever
- If you don’t do this, you’ll be in the minority of decorators before you know it. Setup customer stores online with end dates – schools, teams, clubs, associations…
Suggest ways for your customers to make money – markets, products, techniques
- Loading an order with an add-on product for a discount. Add value.
- That customer store we talked about. Come up with some additional items that you know will sell, better than your customer realizes. You’re the expert.
- Suggest and demonstrate a corporate store where employees can purchase items using earned credits
Ways to keep in contact with your customers
- Send your best customers (who may or may not be buying right now) a care package to say you’re thinking of them
- Offer businesses the same care package for their customers
Engage on social media
- Tell your story – everyone but especially startups!
- Give value! Do not ask me to buy something!!!
- Influencers – Jim Raffel/DyeSubCast Podcast and the gaiter facemask and the doctor
Be better at what you do
- Let’s be honest, many of our competitors phone it in – separate yourself from those people
- Respond to phone calls and emails, promptly
- Make a professional presentation with all you do – packaging, folded garments, even your business card!
Facebook Live Video
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Nothing this week, Please send us your #5Things
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting April 17-18
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Half with Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery – 30 Minute Q&A – Friday’s At 11:30 AM Central
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021– Cancelled
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – August 26-28, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.