Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. As regular listeners know, we are huge fans of Niche Marketing. This week Terry and Aaron are back to give you some great ideas for Niche Markets that might be profitable for your business. Even if those niche markets don’t fit for you, your creative juices will be flowing and you can learn how to find a fit for you. Plus we have a big announcement from our show producer, Erich Campbell, and we will also talk to Marshall Atkinson about his upcoming Shirt Lab Pro event in St. Louis. It is a jam-packed show so don’t miss it.
Sponsored by: Embrilliance.com. Get 10% off by using the code 2RG at check out.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
American & Efird (A&E) announced a collaborative agreement with Applied DNA Sciences Inc. to develop sewing thread using CertainT anti-counterfeiting technology. “The CertainT program is an innovative solution for brands and retailers in their supply chain,” says Les Miller, CEO, A&E. “A&E and Applied DNA Sciences together are creating new security applications for sewing thread benefitting from revolutionary SigNature®T DNA and Beacon® technology. Our customers are increasingly more vigilant and security minded. DNA technology can protect a wide range of products, from luxury consumer brands to industrial applications where integrity of components is mission critical. We are excited to be collaborating with Applied DNA Sciences and developing cutting-edge technology solutions for our customers.”
Patrick Mahomes debuts new apparel line – The popularity of Patrick Mahomes II looks to be never-ending and it seems clothing retailers are catching on. Mahomes tweeted, Tuesday night, a link to the new official clothing website that carries all types of Mahomes apparel. The online retail store, Mahomes15.com, has apparel for men, women and kids, along with hats and links to other Mahomes-related news. The clothes, focused on the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback and former Texas Tech Red Raider, is mainly t-shirts and hoodies.
New Niche Markets to Boost 2019
A conversation about niche markets in general and why they’re important. The downward tilt of order quantities in today’s marketplace.
New and growing businesses to service
- Cannabis Dispensaries
Aaron: Specific Dog/Pet Breed – Live it and own the space (Bring Up Corgi Things Website) Corgi Things – Her dog is queen Lucy. She runs the company and is the star. Started as an illustration of Corgi that is the center of everything. Towels, Blankets, Yoga Mats, Lunch Totes, Stickers, Holiday Stockings, Ties, Etc. Etc. Is so successful that she is getting knocked off a ton especially on Amazon.
Terry: Subscription Boxes – sustainable clothing and specific causes and charities
- Justin Lawrence at Oklahoma Shirt Company
Aaron: Shovels to Gold Miners
Terry: Online Opportunities:
- Platform-specific Social Media Marketing Influencers (larger personalities & brands on Twitter or Instagram)
- Social Media Influencer quotes
- Internet Memes
- YouTube Channel Personalities
- E-game personalities
- E-Game teams (just like your high school football team… except nerds watching other nerds play a game)
Interview with Shirt Lab
Terry: Welcome Back Marshall – Got any great Niche Markets you want to share before we discuss Shirt Lab?
Aaron: You have the St Louis Event as the next on the list and it is coming up soon. How is this different than the event you had in Columbus?
Terry: So we hear you have a new format. Tell us about that.
Aaron: What else in on the Shirt Lab calendar beyond St Louis?
Facebook Live Video
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday Morning at 11:30 AM EST | 8:30 AM PST
- February 16-17, 2019 – Complete Screen Printing Business Course (Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago)
- February 22, 2019 – Developing a Business Plan (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Being Customer Centric EQUALS More Profits (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – Put Your New Screen Printing Business on a Path to Success! (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – The DTG Process & Finding the Perfect Niche Market (DAX Kansas City)
- February 22, 2019 – The Digitizing Difference: Foam, Gradients, and Performancewear (DAX Kansas City)
- February 23, 2019 – Patch Making for Fun and Profit (DAX Kansas City)
- March 25-27, 2019 – Totally T-Shirts! Garment Screen Printing: Basic to Advanced Workshop (Fairfax, VA)
- APA Las Vegas – February 12-15, 2019
- ThreadX Powered by SGIA – February 17-19, 2019
- DAX Kansas City – February 22-23, 2019
- IPIC Las Vegas – March 4-5,2019
- ISS Atlantic City – March 21-23, 2019
- NBM – Irving, TX – March 28-30, 2019
- DAX Minnesota – April 5-6, 2019
- ISA SignExpo – April 24-26, 2019
- DAX Chicago – May 3-4, 2019
- NBM Milwaukee – May 17-18, 2019
- ISS Houston – June 6-8, 2019
- ASI Chicago – July 10-11, 2019
- NBM Meadowlands – July 25-26, 2019
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.