Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast. Starting a new business can be overwhelming, especially if you’re new to the technology. Suppliers will give you a list of what they think you need, but do you really need it all? This show will walk you through all the equipment, tools and supplies necessary to be a new screen printer. Plus an explanation of why you need each and every item on the list. Terry Combs will give you the actual list of new screen printer supplies and the confidence you’re buying just what you need.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
- Mind’s Eye Graphics Inc. is partnering up again with Joe Clarke and offering an enhanced version of their successful Ink Transfer Workshops. Mar 1-3, 2018
- TheIJC (The Inkjet Conference) comes to the USA on April 12-13, 2018. Staged in The Westin O’Hare Chicago, the event will provide OEMs, brand owners, printers and all technology users with almost 40 technical and educational presentations, free inkjet workshops and countless networking opportunities.
- The 2018 SGIA Industry Survey is open and you’re invited to participate! Be part of the industry conversation. In return for responding to the survey, we will give you the 2018 SGIA Specialty Graphics Industry Benchmarking Report.
Equipment and Supplies for the New Screen Printer
So you come to this with years of experience as most people who listen know, but start off by telling us why you might be more qualified to give you just what you need than a supplier of Mfg rep?
Start us off with the hardware, I hear somewhere in my travels that you need all heads down for your press. Is that correct?
Valencia Johnson Cooper17:09 can you imagine 6 people on one press, nightmare!
Valencia Johnson Cooper17:57 employee costs will eat all those profits, plus inefficiencies
Valencia Johnson Cooper36:06 lightweights, try lasagna lol.
How about some of the tools and new screen printer supplies that you are going to need and why?
Valencia Johnson Cooper55:19 in the shirt or on top?
What can people expect to pay for a complete set-up and their new screen printer supplies with all the items you need to get started?
So we went through all of the must-have items on the list, but let’s say I still have a little left in my budget, what other things might I want to have?
Can you then talk to us about picking a good supplier? What is important and what are the secrets?
Valencia Johnson Cooper1:06:52 excellent content!
Briefly just tell us about the decision process between picking a manual press and an automatic press. To you where is that tipping point?
New Screen Printer Supplies
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Chicago – February 10-11
- Equipment & Supplies for a New Screen Printer: What you need for success! – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 10:20AM
- Digital Marketing: Growing Your Business with Social Media and Email Marketing – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 12:30PM – 1:50PM
- Finding New Niche Markets because you are a Digital Decorator – DAX Kansas City – Friday, Feb 23 2:20PM – 3:40PM
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen in Nashville – March 3-4
- PPAI Expo – Las Vegas – January 16-18, 2018
- ISS Long Beach, CA – January 19-21, 2018
- ASI Dallas – January 25-26, 2018
- NNEP Atlanta – February 2-3, 2018
- International Awards & Personalization Expo, Las Vegas – February 20-23, 2018
- DAX Kansas City – February 23-24, 2018
- ThreadX powered by SGIA – Palm Springs, CA – February 25-27, 2018
- NBM Arlington, TX – March 8-10, 2018
- ISS Atlantic City, NJ – March 15-17, 2018
- DAX Minnesota – April 6-7, 2018
- NBM Sacramento – April 13-14, 2018
- DAX Chicagoland – April 27-28, 2018
Screen Printing: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Direct to Garment: A Practical Guide to Starting Your Own T-Shirt Business Just $4.95 as an e-book.
Scheduling and Estimating Production Time for Garment Screen Printing Just $2.99 as an e-book
- Offering products as a single item instead of forcing cases on you.
- Changing shipping standards.
- Offering unique products from limited manufacturing partnerships.
This show is brought to you for a full hour by:
Specialty Graphics Imaging Association – SGIA will continually strive to be the foremost resource for information and education within the specialty imaging industry. SGIA supports the digital and screen printing community in the USA and Canada by providing services and activities specific to their interests. While the majority of SGIA services and activities are specific to US and Canada, SGIA will continue to partner with national and regional associations around the globe to continually develop the international community. The SGIA National Affiliation Program brings together a multinational community to enhance awareness and encourage the exchange of information. Supporting the Leaders of the Digital and Screen Printing Community
Equipment Zone, with 20 years experience selling garment printing equipment nationwide. Equipment Zone offers the new Epson F2000 SureColor direct-to-garment printer, their own VelociJet-XL DTG printer, and the all-new SpeedTreater-TX automatic pretreat machine with a full 16”x24” pretreat area. Equipment Zone also carries a full line of DTG inks and supplies. Go to EquipmentZone.com
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Google +. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.