December 13th 2013 Show Notes – Niche Markets for the New Year
Please find some links and notes from the 2 Regular Guys Podcast from December 13th, 2013, so you can get more details on some of the items we discussed. Terry and Aaron discussed several potential niche markets that you can also find in Terry Comb’s weekly newsletter for screen printers called Screen Print Weekly.
Niche Markets for the Coming Year
- Ask Me About… (“Ask me about FREE installation.” “Ask me about 90 days, same as cash.” “Ask me about our Happy Hour Specials.”
Tip: Commonly a logo is printed on the front of the shirt, with the “ask me” message printed large on the back.
- Hit a Deer, Get a T-Shirt
- Event Staff
Tip: Check in with your local Chamber of Commerce or your Tourism Office for a list of events and contact information.
- Veterinarians & Kennels
Tip: “Dr. Smith Loves My Dog” would be a great sample to print up and deliver to your local veterinarian. Find the list in your Yellow Pages or do a local web search, and print a personalized sample shirt for each place you find. Nothing sells custom printed T-shirts like a personalized sample.
- Family Reunions
- National Association of…
Tip: The people who lead associations know people who head up other associations. Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals once you’ve done a great job for the first group.
First annual industry awards voting is now live. Make sure you get over to vote. The voting end December 19th.
- Best new product in the industry
- Best sales rep from any company
- Best customer service from any company
- Most helpful forum poster on any industry forum
- Best trade show seminar
- Best industry trade show
- Best guest on the 2 Regular Guys Podcast
Be sure to vote HERE.
NBM Los Angeles – January 9th – 11th
PPAI – January 13th – 17th
ISS Long Beach – January 17th to 19th
- “Better Understand Your Customers with the Power of Social Media” ISS Long Beach – January 17th
- “Secrets of Starting a Direct-to-Garment Business” ISS Long Beach – January 17th
- “The Business of Screen Printing: Beyond Pulling the Squeegee” ISS Long Beach – January 19th
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Workhorse Products in Phoenix – January 25th and 26th
- Introduction to DTG Printing – Equipment Zone in New Jersey (outside NYC) – February 21st
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course – Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago – March 22-23, 2014
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter.