Aaron and Terry have always been advocates of focused niche markets. In today’s business environment, this is more important than ever. The 2 Regular Guys will discuss Niche Markets with a few examples to help you find your own. Plus a friend of the show, Cheryl Kucheck of the Sublimation Summit, is going to stop by and give us the latest on their virtual summit coming up in March. Tune in for a great sublimation chat and lots of creative niche market ideas.
Sponsored by: Our Success Group. Are you looking to move your business forward and make it a full-time success that supports you and your family? Click the link to sign up for more details and to get some free resources.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Go to www.sublimationsummitlive.com – Use the code OSG at check out then forward us your confirmation (email or DM) and we will send you Aaron’s Top 10 Sublimation Tips
Aaron: DAX Chicagoland has moved to August 27-28. While Scott and Margie had high hopes of bringing the first show in the industry in over a year this April, the government has contracted the Tinley Park Convention Center to be used as a COVID vaccination center through the end of March. The management of the convention center expects that the government will renew the contract at least through the end of April, which would force us out. Convention center management of the facility has requested the DAX Show reschedule.
Terry: The Association for Creative Industries (AFCI) has announced the winners of its Hall of Fame Award, Special Recognition Award, Industry Achievement Award, Brick and Mortar Retailer Award, Meritorious Award of Honor, and Emerging Leaders Awards recognizing excellence in industry service and philanthropy. These individuals will be recognized at Creativation+, featuring Art Materials World, taking place virtually March 15-19, 2021.
The Hall of Fame Award Inductees are pioneers who have made extraordinary contributions leading to the growth and success of their organizations and the creative arts industry. This year’s inductees are:
- John Bergquist, Help Heal Veterans
- Jan Carr, former COO & VP Sales Clover Products
- Cindy Groom Harry, former CEO Craft Marketing Connection, former AFCI Board Member
- Jerry Honemann, Ben Franklin Stores, former HIA Chairman
Read more about these and all the award winners at: creativeindustries.org
Dad Joke: Why do astronauts only use Mac computers?
Everyone knows you can’t open Windows in space!
Niche Markets, Now More than Ever
Niche Markets, why should we pursue them Now More than Ever?
What’s changed with Niche Marketing over the past year?
Just hanging out your shingle as a generic decorator is harder today to attract customers with so much business being done virtually.
Aaron: The other change, Pete Lovelace actually talked about a couple of weeks back, Our industry is becoming more about fulfillment and less about decorating.
Care packages from businesses to key customers (credit Jay Busselle)
- Thinking of you in trying times
- You do the whole package and drop ship
- A shirt, a mug, a mask… be creative and offer a selection of packages
Company event packages
- For example, remote sales meetings
- Company holiday parties
Aaron: Green / Renewable Energy
- The use of hemp products / garments
- Sustainability as a marketing tool – Fed by Threads
Holiday/Event dropship packages
- Mother’s day/Father’s day/Birthdays
Hyper focused Niche
- 3 decorators who do only pillowcases
- Exclusive Newborn decorators. Swaddles, Crib Sheets, blankets, onesies, etc.
- More and more online classes, how do they create that connection with their students
- Create New Student Packages similar to the Company event packages
Facebook Live Video
5 Things to Get A Great DTG Print!
- Good art… 300dpi saved at full size
- The ideal shirt… 100% ringspun combed cotton
- Properly pretreat your shirts… most people do it wrong
- 40%+ humidity in the room at all times
- Good quality heat press on DTG specific conveyor dryer
Brought to us by Terry Combs.
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix starting April 17-18
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting May 22-23
- OurSuccessGroup.Com – Success Business Training. Our missing is to provide resources that empower business owners to achieve their idea of success.
- The Success Tracker – A program from OSG, to get people started on achieving their goals.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s Online Video Series “Small Business Saturdays” #SBSVideos Every Saturday
- Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Half with Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery – 30 Minute Q&A – Friday’s At 11:30 AM Central
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Friday’s at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide eBook by Jay Busselle
- Impressions Expo Long Beach – April 24-26, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving – May 13-15, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis – June 15-17, 2021
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City – June 24-26, 2021
- DAX Kansas City – July 9-10, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands – July 15-16, 2021
- DAX Minnesota – August 3-4, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach – August 12-14, 2021
- DAX Chicagoland – August 27-28, 2021
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth – September 10-12, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Pittsburgh – September 24-25, 2021
- Printing United Orlando – October 6-8, 2021
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte – October 29-30, 2021
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners so please make sure to ask us some questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Also, if you have any event or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show, please contact us via our Facebook Page. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Twitter and Instagram. You can also find information on our YouTube Page.