Not only is he an incredible producer and digitizing master, but he is also an educator that understands the big picture of being in the garment decorating community. We invite Erich Campbell to talk about the intangibles we found that made the most difference in making decorators successful. Decorators come from many different backgrounds, and those differences often end up as strengths in their business and creative lives. Our industry has created tons of wonderful education about tangible skills, but what about business fundamentals and soft skills? How can decorators’ community members enhance their skills to grow this part of their skill set?
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants or lectures or selling. We are not doing this for our employers, but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better, and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Fiery®, the digital front end (DFE) and workflow business of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. (“EFI™”), today announced that it had acquired CADlink Technology Corp., an industry-leading software company that delivers solutions for the high-growth areas of digital direct-to-garment (DTG) and direct-to- film (DTF) printing.
Dad Joke: Did you know that every morning when I leave the house, a bike comes out of nowhere and runs over me?
Yeah, it’s a vicious cycle
Non-Decoration Skills that Matter
Aaron: Erich Campbell is an award-winning machine embroidery digitizer and designer, frequently contributing to embroidery industry resources, including hosting his weekly show ‘The Takeup.’ Erich has done many jobs in the industry, from creating and managing eCommerce properties to social media and marketing to establishing and managing relationships between vendors and industry businesses. Erich is an evangelist for the craft, a stitch-obsessed embroidery believer, and firmly holds to constant, lifelong learning and the free exchange of technique and experience through conversations with his fellow embroiderers. He’s also the producer and a frequent contributor to the popular 2 Regular Guys podcast, lending his unique embroidery experience to the mix.
Terry: Today we want to talk about some of the areas that don’t get as much press as the nuts and bolts training that is out there. How to digitize, how to print, and hoop, etc. That education area has blossomed in the last 10 to 20 years, but what about the skills business owners need to operate their business. 99% of decorators don’t come out of business school to start their businesses. So let’s first talk about that diversity. I am armed with my degree in journalism. Erich, your degree is not in embroidery. Talk to us about the different backgrounds decorators often come from and end up as strengths in their business and creative lives.
Aaron: Since we have you with us, Erich, we can try new things and know we won’t break anything, So let’s try a bit of a new discussion method. Terry and I will throw out some discussion areas to you Erich, and if you can help us break down the non-decorations skills we see businesses must enhance or add to their skill set. We can maybe even talk about how they can do that too. Not saying this might end up being a 2 or 3 part show, but the likelihood is real… Ready? I’ll start.
Facebook Live Video
Be Part of #5Things
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest. https://www.2regularguys.com/5things/
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ starting July 30-31, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting September 17-18, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Applique Getaway Dallas, TX – July 15-17, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events, subject to change
Please support our sponsors!
This show is for the listeners, so please ask us questions or give us some topics you would like us to discuss. Contact us via our Facebook Page if you have any events or upcoming items related to our industry that you would like us to bring up on the show. Also, make sure to interact/follow us on Instagram and YouTube.