Non-Decoration Skills that Matter to Decorators – Part 2
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:28:03 — 80.7MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:28:03 — 80.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
We’re back for Part 2 of our discussion with Erich Campbell about one of his favorite topics, Non-Decoration Skills that Matter to Decorators. Erich will add the title “guest” to his show producer duties this Friday as we talk about a wide array of skills required to run your business beyond decorating garments. Join in with your own questions and comments on this important topic.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. We are not doing this for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
PRINTING United Alliance Announces New Apparel Decoration Summit – Following the success of the highly engaged Summit models produced by PRINTING United Alliance — including the Inkjet Summit, Wide-format Summit, and Digital Packaging Summit— the Apparel Decoration Summit is designed for senior managers and executives in, or entering, the decorated apparel space looking to understand how current and future printing technologies, substrate options, market trends, and data management solutions will impact their businesses and investment decisions. This Summit will provide strategic-level insights into what industry leaders must do to grow, improve, and optimize their businesses. The event will be June 12-14, 2023, at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
Fruit of the Loom Achieves 40% Reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Fruit of the Loom Inc. announces a 40% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions at its operations, putting the company on track to achieve its goal of reducing scope one and two emissions by 50% by 2030. This goal was announced in 2021 as a part of its science-based target approved by the Science Based Targets initiative to keep a rise in temperature below 1.5 degrees Celsius (34.7 degrees F) by 2030. This achievement and more can be found in the 2021 sustainability report.
(From Regulator Beth Bendig)
There are 3 moles in a tunnel.
The 1st one says, “I smell sugar.”
The 2nd one says, “I smell cinnamon.”
The 3rd one says, “I smell molasses.”
Non-Decoration Skills that Matter
Erich Campbell is an award-winning machine embroidery digitizer and designer, frequently contributing to embroidery industry resources, including hosting his weekly show ‘The Takeup.’ Erich has done many jobs in the industry, from creating and managing eCommerce properties to social media and marketing to establishing and managing relationships between vendors and industry businesses. Erich is an evangelist for the craft, a stitch-obsessed embroidery believer, and firmly holds to constant, lifelong learning and the free exchange of technique and experience through conversations with his fellow embroiderers. He’s also the producer and a frequent contributor to the popular 2 Regular Guys podcast, lending his unique embroidery experience to the mix.
Terry: Today, we want to carry on from our part 1 episode where we covered approximately 1 of our 9 stated topics; I think we may want to catch people up. What were the top takeaways from last time that you think we should keep in mind?
Aaron: Let’s start back where we left off, we managed to talk about pricing and started into customer interaction, but I think there’s more we can cover. Let’s start with the wider topic of customer interaction and Marketing; where do you think that some of the ‘soft’ and non-decoration skills come up in how we market what we do?
Some discussion areas:
- Pricing (Part #1)
- Interaction with customers / some
- Finding your niche
- Education… keeping up with the industry
BE PART OF #5THINGS
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject, whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ starting July 30-31, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting August 27-28, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting September 17-18, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version at SmallBusinessSaturdaysPodcast.com
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems including small detail tips, creating your own borders, as well as execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Applique Getaway Dallas, TX – July 15-17, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Meadowlands, NJ – July 21-22, 2022
- Graphics Pro Expo Long Beach, CA – August 4-6, 2002
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – September 22-24, 2022
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
All dates and events subject to change