We’re back for Part 3 of our discussion with Erich Campbell about one of his favorite topics, Non-Decoration Skills that matter to Decorators. Erich will add the title “guest” to his show producer duties this Friday as we talk about a wide array of skills required to run your business beyond decorating garments. Part 3 will be focused on business and production management. Join in with your questions and comments on this important topic.
Our regular listeners know this, but 2 Regular Guys are all about garment decorating, a bit of fun, and no rants, lectures, or selling. We are not doing this for our employers but rather for our industry. Since February 2013, The 2 Regular Guys have been the first and the most listened-to garment decorating industry podcast on this planet! We are humbled by all of you tuning in each week. We work hard to bring you information that will make your business better and our industry better. Take a look at our incredible weekly guest list, and you’ll understand where this industry goes for news, interviews, and the heartbeat of garment decorating. Thanks for listening!
Chromaline Screen Print Products Acquired by Saati – Saati has acquired Ikonics Corporation, expanding its portfolio of supplies for the screen printing industry. The purchase includes Ikonics’ four business divisions: Chromaline Screen Print Products and Ikonics Imaging, Ikonics Industrial Inkjet Solutions, and Ikonics Advanced Material Solutions. Ikonics’ parent company will be Saati Advanced Chemicals, a newly formed subsidiary of Saati Americas based in South Carolina.
A sweater I purchased was picking up static electricity, so I returned it to the store
They gave me another one free of charge.
Aaron: Erich Campbell is an award-winning machine embroidery digitizer and designer, frequently contributing to embroidery industry resources, including hosting his weekly show ‘The Takeup’. Erich has done many jobs in the industry from creating and managing eCommerce properties, to social media and marketing, to establishing and managing relationships between vendors and industry businesses. Erich is an evangelist for the craft, a stitch-obsessed embroidery believer, and firmly holds to constant, lifelong learning and the free exchange of technique and experience through conversations with his fellow embroiderers. He’s also the producer and a frequent contributor to the popular 2 Regular Guys podcast, lending his unique embroidery experience to the mix.
Terry: Today, we want to carry on from our parts 1 and 2 episodes where we covered 5 of our 9 stated topics; that said I think we may want to catch people up. What top takeaways from episode #2 that you think we should keep in mind?
Aaron: Let’s start with our last four categories, which deal with management and efficiency.
Some discussion areas:
- Management of your business
- Management of your staff
- Day-to-day operations
If you would like to present your 5 Things, five quick points on any subject, whether it be advice or five instructional steps, we would love to hear from you. You can come on the show and present them yourself, or we will share your list with our listeners or even play a recorded video of you sharing 5 things. Whatever is easiest.
- The Half – 11:30 AM CST every Friday. Erich Campbell and Aaron Montgomery. 30 minutes of Q&A. And this is the one time in Erich and Aaron’s life that 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Tune in at www.liveosg.com. See past episodes and support the show – thehalf.club.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Equipment Zone in Franklin Lakes, NJ starting October 29-30, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Atlas Screen Supply in Chicago starting November 5-6, 2022.
- Complete Screen Printing Business Course with Workhorse Products in Phoenix, AZ, starting September 25-26, 2022.
- Master of Success Inner Circle – The next level for people who are serious about their success. Bi-Weekly Mastermind Groups on top of the industry-leading business training.
- Aaron’s “Small Business Saturdays” #SBS Every Saturday. Check out the Podcast version!
- Demystifying Next Level Digitizing Make your machine embroidery bolder, more beautiful, and more valuable to customers while making the digitizing process faster and easier. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- Understanding Emblems Digitizing, Production, Styles, and Sales of Patches. Learn from Erich Campbell about digitizing for emblems, including small detail tips, creating your own borders, execution for stitching, and more. Online Training from Erich Campbell
- The Take-up with Erich Campbell – Fridays at 2:30 Mountain Time
- Your Style Guide Your Style Guide is a critical recipe. When all of the ingredients are combined, they create a powerful brand that is aligned, consistent & memorable! eBook by Jay Busselle
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – September 16-17, 2022
- START HERE Academy – September 15, 4-8 p.m., in Room 219 at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Everything Embroidery Market Myrtle Beach, NC – September 22-24, 2022
- Impressions Expo Ft Worth, TX – September 30 – October 2, 2022
- Printing United Las Vegas, NV – October 19-21, 2022
- Print Hustlers Conference Fort Worth, TX – November 6, 2022
- PPAI Expo Las Vegas, NV – January 10-12, 2023
- Impressions Expo Long Beach, CA – January 20-22, 2023
- International Personalization & Awards Expo Las Vegas, NV – February 7-10, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Kansas City, MO – February 24-25, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Irving, TX – March 9-10, 2023
- Impressions Expo Atlantic City, NJ – March 23-25, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Minneapolis (Welch), MN – March 31-April 1, 2023
- Decorated Apparel Expo Chicago (Tinley Park), IL – April 14-15, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Charlotte, NC – April 27-28, 2023
- Sublimation Summit Peachtree City, GA – April 27-29, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Indianapolis, IN – June 15-16, 2023
- Graphics Pro Expo Portland, OR – July 19-20, 2023
All dates and events subject to change